What's new

paper mario: images for the faq

returno

This image is from the badge shop in Toad Town. The well-known flicker problem is worst - for me - when Mario is walking inside this shop. Even this animated GIF makes me woosy and I slowed the frame animation down quite a bit from the actual speed.

OP
returno

returno

paper mario 'start of battle screen garbage'

The attached image shows screen garbage seen when a battle starts. The screen garbage varies quite a bit. When I first start playing it usually looks like below, but sometimes after playing for awhile I'll see weird stuff like a display of the machine registers and a 'TLB failed to load - thread exception' message in white text on a black background. That's pretty freaky. But of course I couldn't get it to happen when I wanted to get a screenshot.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hmmm, I don't see any need for pics, it's enough just to say that it flickers (okay, correct me if I'm wrong). Some people says that this can be solved by setting tripple buffer on, haven't tried it, though.

Oh, and the battle screen can be cleared using "Set Buffers Black" framebuffer, but be careful, though, as it screws up the game at some certain points. Just ignore it.