What's new

overclocking an athlon XP by increasing the fsb

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok, cos ive got a jumperless motherboard, and it has the ability to overclock from within the bios. also how careful should i be, like should i just increas by one bit every time or sumthing.

Slougi

NEVER look at THG, it's mostly BS nowadays. They even have fake reviews.

Sk8: If you unlock the athlon, u'll be able to change the multiplier.

About FSB OC: increase it by a small amount, check if it's stable, repeat until u find it's unstable, take it back a notch. done :)

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i cant really get very far. my default fsb speed is 133, the highest i can get to 137, even this causes 3dmark2k1 to crash to the desktop, but everything else is fine. i managed to get to 140 and it looked mighty nice seeing XP 2200+ in the system properties, although, it crashed the second i ran any utility. at 137, although 3dmark is unstable everything else is fine, so far. plus it says xp2100+ which is that much more satisfying than seeing XP 2000+ :D . oh well, maybe i should increase the voltage/memory/or agp to help increase the fsb a little higher and keep things stable. ive read many ppl with stock cooling, reaching increasing the fsb ti 145, with similar specs to me.