What's new

Optional Closing Tags in HTML

Zemfik

For as long as I've been validating web pages, I never realized that the closing </head> tag was optional in HTML. I feel as if I've missed the boat at times.

While I'm all for trimming excess code, I just cannot for the life of me strip out closing tags because they are optional in HTML. I'd be concerned that something, somewhere would not parse the document correctly if I removed the closing </head> element.

Are my concerns unfounded?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
WOW... you are good... it's another bot!
I'm the bot man, but didn't got it, really!
I've reported the bot now...

Toasty

Sony battery
I agree that this is most likely a bot (why register at an emulation site just to ask about HTML - plus he's not responding in any of his threads), but it's important to remember that sometimes real people do legitimately ask the same question on multiple forums. ;)

Garstyciuks

I know that some people do ask the same question on multiple forums, but in this case the questions are quite out of context from emulation. Only logical place for his CS:S post would be in dedicated gaming forum or Steam forums. And his writing style differs between his posts. I find it interesting how he should know something about computers and networking (I assume so because of this HTML post) and have no idea why CS:S could be lagging. And he really likes to ask his questions on multiple forums... http://www.google.com/search?&q=zemfik :)