What's new

Opinions about Gravis Eliminator Aftershock

sogetsu2k1

Tux needs you!
I want to buy one, but before that, I wanna hear someone talking about it and telling me if it's a good choice, so, if you have one, tell me abou it, ok? :satisfied

Eagle

aka Alshain
You cant use it with ePSXe with rumble turned on, I had three of them burn out (free replacements) before I figured out that was what was happening. But then I cant get my Thrustmaster Dual Power to rumble at all in ePSXe. Other than that they are great pads, I think the ePSXe program just isnt functioning correctly with rumble for some PC pads.

Eagle

aka Alshain
yeah, its a good pad, but the Thustmaster Dual Power is cheaper, has all the same features, and 4 more buttons.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Eagle said:
You cant use it with ePSXe with rumble turned on, I had three of them burn out (free replacements) before I figured out that was what was happening. But then I cant get my Thrustmaster Dual Power to rumble at all in ePSXe. Other than that they are great pads, I think the ePSXe program just isnt functioning correctly with rumble for some PC pads.

Why did ePSXe damage the controller?

Did ePSXe give too much voltage to the controller if and when
using the rumble?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Eagle said:

using the rumble?
It looks like a controller voltage regulation problem.

Eagle

aka Alshain
RJARRRPCGP said:

using the rumble?
It looks like a controller voltage regulation problem.

Yeah, it could have been, also its been several versions of ePSXe ago that it happened so it may have been solved, but I dont want to risk it since my pad isnt under warranty anymore and it cant be replaced. I do use both of them for Madden 2003 and other multiplayer games.

Eagle

aka Alshain
The advantage over the Thrustmaster pad is that the Gravis pad is fully capable of using the dpad and control sticks at the same time. The thrustmaster pad has a button to switch between the two, but you can never use both at the same time, and the left control stick and the dpad use the same directx functions so they operate as the same thing when switched. The gravis has different mappings for the dpad and control stick (like the n64) so they can both be used and for different functions and at the same time. I dont know if this is true for the new Thrustmaster Dual Power 2 however. As for precision, I dont think one is more precise than the other.

OP
sogetsu2k1

sogetsu2k1

Tux needs you!
Thanx, I think you gave me all the info I wanted, by the way, how about joysticks? I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and is getting old but still works great, i'm thinkin about which one should I buy if this one (Sidewinder) stop working, any comment about a Joystick, I think Microsoft's one are very good according to quality/price ratio :homestar: