What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Oot community pack HTC

franpa

Has someone made a release of this that is compatible with GlideN64? If yes, why is it not linked to in the original post? It's cool to see the project hasn't died, but it'd be nice to see a release for more plugins.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
All rice format packs are compatible with Glide(N). There maybe a few textures that require the respected plugin to function properly. Each pack developer has their own reasons for using the plugin they choose.

OP
F

franpa

I meant a copy that didn't require using PJ64 to convert it to HTC file format first. So I can just download and drop it straight in to the relevant Bizhawk folder.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
im not familiar with bizhawk but ill make an .HTC for you.
@franpa try this [snip]

Its a four part RAR you should only have to extract one file you will have the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.htc once extracted.

you wiil need >2gb storage

Last edited:
OP
F

franpa

Thank you for making a HTC package for me, it works however there appears to be white seams in the sky box that persist even when setting the Internal Rendering Resolution to match the N64 console: https://imgur.com/a/NWXyM52

I assume it is a plugin compatibility issue. It also takes a while for the game to load with the package stored on a SSD but I imagine that's a design issue with the way the emulator/plugin handles custom textures.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Sometimes Rice and Glide don't get along. This is a reason the developers choose a plugin that they develop with.

As far as the game loading slow it is pushing nearly a GB of data into the system, I recommend high ram.

Last edited:
OP
F

franpa

For a moment I was wondering what was going on, you made your post before our discussion was split to another topic so the email notification URL was taking me to a place where my messages no longer existed (I've since updated my topic subscriptions).

Yeah maybe when I get an NVMe SSD the load time will improve (I'm currently using a SATA 3 Samsung 960 Pro SSD). It's not obscenely long, maybe 20 to 30 seconds.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
As this now a hacked mod, that being it is not meant to be used as such; the discussion has moved.

Quality is always at the mercy of performance.

The system load is now 2GB not 1 as i said before.
@franpa
The skybox seems to be fixed in the latest GlideN64 dev 4974f64

Attachments

• GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_000.png
    GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_000.png
    471 KB · Views: 1,337
Last edited:
OP
F

franpa

They use customized versions of the plugins and don't expose the plugins native UI for configuring them (which is annoying, a lot of helpful tooltips are missing when it comes to GlideN64).

Dbz-dude

I think i downloaded OOT v7? Ive ran it through project 64 and have managed to get the cache file to load on bizhawk but i am getting the white box in the sky aswell.I have updated bizhawk to version 2.4.2 and i am still getting this problem,is it possible to update the core instead?

Last edited:

Dbz-dude

Sorry ive checked and it must be the plugin,ive downloaded the recent patch you uploaded on the other page but now it is black and white with multiple screens?

Attachments

• OoTR 762303 3HPV8C8IBA.2021-04-23 00.31.54.png
    OoTR 762303 3HPV8C8IBA.2021-04-23 00.31.54.png
    926 KB · Views: 5