What's new

Ooh, a remake of Goldeneye...

Macca

Eagle said:
OK, well Everything or Nothing just hit the shelves so why would anybody want Goldeneye, which WAS the greatest console FPS?

newer doesn't necessarily mean better

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
No, Everything or Nothing comes out the 18th. We have an in store demo of it at the EB Games that I work at, it's awesome. I'm definately buying it.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Macca said:
newer doesn't necessarily mean better
Ive played it on my roomates PS2, its absolutely awesome. Its almost like you are in the movies. As for it coming out on the 18th well he has had it for a week and its only the 16th. Not sure how he got it.

jollyrancher

I thought EA took over the James Bond franchise from Rare and then proceeded to remake Goldeneye into T.W.I.N.E., a poor sequel.

Clements

jollyrancher said:
I thought EA took over the James Bond franchise from Rare and then proceeded to remake Goldeneye into T.W.I.N.E., a poor sequel.

EA bought the rights from Rare, but TWINE wasn't a remake, just a game they did. Not even in the same league as Goldeneye. EA will never make a Goldeneye-beater. I hate EA's guts for buying out Westwood.

Bond games sell well because casual gamers think that it's Bond it must be good. The truth is that anything Rare touches becomes gold, and the fact it was James Bond mattered for nothing, as the better sequel Perfect Dark proves. And PD is better.

Davemc

Dave
PD is better in multiplayer, but in no way was the one player better.
I still play 'hide and seek' now on PD with my mates.
Oh how we need lives... :/