What's new

OC'd My duron

OP
G

GCFreak

WhiteX said:
Go Radeon, then.

:whistling
NVIDIA Isn't the only thing that's expensive here. I would love to get a 9800 Pro though, lol. But i don't need one yet.
Cause I do low level gaming like I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

TerraPhantm

A 9800Pro is like $120 now, probably cheaper if you look hard enough. The FX5200 is nearly $80, so you might as well save up that extra bit and get a decent card.

OP
G

GCFreak

@WhiteX: Yes I know that the Radeon 9xxx series was superior to GeForce FX in Shaders, in my local stores you don't find many 9250s. I'll check the price on one of them and if it's good, I'll buy one. But I'll stick with the 5200 if I can't find one and upgrade to an X1300 or something in the next upgrade. ;)

Clements

The Radeon 9250 is faster than the FX 5200 64-bit, but slower than the FX 5200 128-bit. The FX 5200 is also fully DX9 compliant, while the 9250 is only DX8.1 compliant.

OP
G

GCFreak

@WhiteX: LMAO, You're suppose to be My lord because:

1) you have a higher post count + reputation
2) You're the dark lord of the sith, aren't you?

@Clements: So, Maybe I'll try and get a 9500?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I've got a higher post count than WhiteX, but clements has a higher post count than me, so what? that just means we're sadder and sadder and sadder people who must post a lot ;)

Seriously though, don't get an FX, they are horrible cards... get a low ATI X range, i.e. X300 or a 6600GT, don't go for cheap you'll only be dissappointed, trust me I know.

Last edited:

WhiteX

GCFreak said:
@WhiteX: LMAO, You're suppose to be My lord because:

1) you have a higher post count + reputation
2) You're the dark lord of the sith, aren't you?

I´m tricking you with promises of power to turn you to the dark side, and seriously, if you wanna stick with low end nvidia you should look the FX 5700 LE because they OC a lot and are very cheap too.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
WhiteX said:
even so, i believe the 9250 to be superior to the fx 5200.

Wrong. The Radeon 9250 AFAIK only supports pixel shader 1x and they probably perform similar.

Get at least a Radeon 9500.

WhiteX

he wants to save a buck, and you got me going off my ass to search for comparison between the two cards...the leadtek GeF FX 5200 (128 bits) is far superior over the radeon 9250...sinister!

OP
G

GCFreak

Hmmm, I got most of my PC now. It's just Video card from here. I'll stretch my card to get to be NVIDIA only. Infact an FX 5500 or better. Any Ideas? I have a long time to decide because I'm getting the grand card at Christmas.