What's new

Not sure if I meet the system Reqs

ethangilchrist

Naughty Little Rat
Near as I can tell my computer does meet all the reqs but I'm not sure the video card does. I'm running project 64 on my laptop and have had little to no problems so far.

Here's my system specs from the dxdiag...

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Presario V6000 (RG298UA#ABA)
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Processor: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 478MB RAM
Page File: 443MB used, 678MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce Go 6150
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

OP
ethangilchrist

ethangilchrist

Naughty Little Rat
Right now the two that I'm having the biggest issues with are Yoshi's Story and Duck Dodgers. In Duck Dodgers, whenever the camera view goes underwater the graphics go wonky and it's really difficult to see. I've attached two pics, one with the camera view underwater and one with daffy underwater but the camera still above water. Just to make what I mean clearer. As far as Yoshi's Story, getting a screenshot of that one is going to be difficult since it only glitches when the character moves.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, Duck Dodgers has problems with Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin. Not 100% sure though. You may be better off with Glide64 and hactarux's or ziggy's wrapper.

As for Yoshi's Story, have you grabbed the latest RDB update from the Project64 site?

OP
ethangilchrist

ethangilchrist

Naughty Little Rat
I think I have. I downloaded the emu from the site. Is the separate one more recent?

I'll give glide a shot tonight.

OP
ethangilchrist

ethangilchrist

Naughty Little Rat
Thanks for letting me know about that. I updated those files. Still have the graphic problem on Duck Dodgers though. It happens with every graphic plug-in I've tried. Both Jabos, Glide, Rice and glN64. Not sure what I can try next.

OP
ethangilchrist

ethangilchrist

Naughty Little Rat
Yeah, I kinda figured I was gonna be SoL on that one. Still, trying to make it work got me to poke deeper in the guts of the emu so that was definitely interesting. And it does work aside from the underwater bit. I may try it anyway and see how it goes.