What's new

Noo-B!! Excitebike playable? Also Q abt onboard AC97.

nudetothis

Hey there!
I've been into emulation for a while (SNES and Genesis)but my old PIII450 just couldn't hack N64.

I just built a beauty - XP1700+, 512mb DDR, GeForce 4 Ti4400.

But, its not finished yet. Haven't put in a CDRW yet, and I'm still using AC97 audio. Mobo is Epox 8KHA+.

First question ... is Excitebike64 playable with PJ64? I get through the first few screens, but very slowly, then it never starts the game.

Other games I'm trying so far run BEAUTIFULLY, except for Beetle Adventure Racing which is running at 45fps average. I understand that some games will be like this.

I figured out that Castlevania 64 will run if I switch to Interpreter. All other games so far like Recompiler.

Second question ... how much will switching to a sound card over the onboard audio improve performance on games that run a little slow like Beetle Adv. Racing?

BTW I am using "Good" ROMs, checked through version 0.997. There's a website in China that ... well you know.

Thanks for helping a true newbie.

Musashi

Blue
First answer: I have no idea. I doubt it, though. Did you check the comment(s)?

Second answer: I don't think it would have too big an effect on performance. AC97 uses little processor power, and with your XP1700, don't expect anything much.

Oravla

I have excitebike (E) [!] and play fantastic, fps is always 50, the only problem is the arrows, but that´s a issue plugin, the original excitebike (nes version) run slowly.

Slougi

Oravla said:
I have excitebike (E) [!] and play fantastic, fps is always 50, the only problem is the arrows, but that´s a issue plugin, the original excitebike (nes version) run slowly.
Hmm interesting you seem to be able to run NES games on PJ64? :sleepy:

OP
nudetothis

nudetothis

I think he's talking about the original NES rom that's built into the Excitebike 64 rom as a bonus.

Thaks for letting me know it can be done. I'm going to try a different version. I always go with the (U)(!) version first, so I'll start working down the list, or maybe try the japan release if there is one.