What's new

no$gba crashing on Aria of Sorrow

ssjSoulstar

Ok theres a odd problem going on with Aria of Sorrow where the game will randomly crash at specific intervals which are totally unrelated. Specifically speaking, it has crashed during a fight with a Catepleobas(sp?) and Minotaur in the same room near the boss fight with the Great Knight. It also randomly crashed during the Great Knight fight, as well as crashing during a save during this time period. I had to load up my savefile (Which was saved back near the start.) and proceed back through and then no errors occurred this time around for those specific encounters. NOW it occurs at random intervals during the Dining hall area... Specifically below where you fight the giant bone guy again. It tends to crash there for some reason however saving is still working.

Any ideas why this is happening? I've played this on the VBA, but switched to the no$gba because the audio was alot better and it run smoother. I'm also not using any cheats of any sort, so I have no general ideas as to what is causing this.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

*Edit 1* After redl'ing Dawn of Souls, it seems to be still faulty somehow and still crashes at the start menu of either game when you select to start game.

OP
ssjSoulstar

ssjSoulstar

Wow... I've been using the 1.8b version and this one is ALOT better than I thought. The audio is alot better overall and had a heartattack when the bios actually booted up! :D Thanks for mentioning that emulator btw... Also I managed to go through most of Aria of Sorrow up until the Arena area boss and then it finally crashed again on no$gba! :\ I had close to 85% of the souls collected too! ; ;

Any idea how to have the no$gba sav file load on this one?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Uh, put the .sav in the Sram folder maybe? Battery saves (SRAM) are always comptible between emulators, provided that the emulator save functions are coded properly. Just make sure that the filename matches the ROM filename.

Also, you don't really need the GBA BIOS at all. Most games work better without it.

OP
ssjSoulstar

ssjSoulstar

well seems compressed nor uncompressed srams from no$gba are incompat with vba... Oh well guess I gotta start over again. :p

BTW I noted on your site you have Love Hina episodes... I was kind of interested in where to get those.

smcd

on a somewhat unrelated note, anyone else tried un-upxing no$gba? it freaks out... some sort of protection set up on altering the binary or some such nonsense