What's new

No device selection menu in nrage

Jabroni

https://i.imgur.com/co1Vi6a.png

Happens in 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and the one that comes pre-bundled with PJ64 2.2 and 2.3. There's no option to even select my devices, with or without "Plugged" checked off. Issue occurs on Win7 and Win8 systems.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jabroni

One of us must be blind (it could just as easily be me). The right side of that window has always had a dropdown menu, among other things, where you could select a device. That seems to be absent in the newest versions of PJ64. Are you saying that dropdown menu no longer exists?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
One of us must be blind (it could just as easily be me). The right side of that window has always had a dropdown menu, among other things, where you could select a device. That seems to be absent in the newest versions of PJ64. Are you saying that dropdown menu no longer exists?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

OP
J

Jabroni

I'm having trouble getting the Wii U Gamecube adapter to work properly in N64 emulators on Windows 7. It'll behave fine with Dolphin's built-in support, but the Zadig route to get it running with anything else gives me either no response or automatic input from some random button. It does work with some programs, but not PJ64 (gets no response). There's no conflict between the Dolphin and Zadig versions, either; I'm always careful to deactivate one before using the other.

This happened to coincide with the first time I'd upgraded from PJ 2.1, so I wasn't sure if the emulator was partially to blame. The lack of the oft-mentioned device selection menu was confusing, since the area it used to occupy is now just empty. I thought it was more likely a bug than a design change.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I have also had spotty support with the WiiU Gamecube adaptor. Sometimes it works and other times not so much.
I think the issue lies with the Zadig driver. I think if you plug the adaptor in before turning the pc on it works better.
There is not much documentation on this issue.

OP
J

Jabroni

I got it to work once, but then I rebooted and rejiggered by USB ports, and it's back to square one. I guess I should get a Mayflash adapter instead, since their support for the Wii U Pro controller is so good!

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Support for this seems to need improvement. Thanks for telling me that I'm not the only one that wants to throw it across the room. :D