What's new

Ninty DS

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Mp3 support will be cool, but for games (like in perf. dark or conker's cartridges)....
if you like personal robocops buy a n-gage system....:p
the problem is if this system will have good games (and many of them)... :p :p

i'm a nintendo fan but i hate virtual boy.... (this system will be a virtual boy 2?)

good old days of Genesis vs SNES with many and many good games......... :D :D

optical media is a gay mode to release games........ (loading, brrrrrrrr, loading, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........), but is good and cheap for piracy :p ........

lol - the Enduro for Atari2600 is the best game ever - :p :p :p

sheik124

Emutalk Member
instead of trying new stuff, why doesn't nintendo work on an old concept, and improve it, like a BACKLIT GBA successor [sp is FRONTLIT] with the ds like 1 GBit RAM and media similar to UMD, except this would really be a Universal Media Disc, because the new home console would use the same media and the portable games could be played on the home system (but knowing nintendo they would never do this and would try and push another gbplayer) and they could have watered down versions or minigames play when a home disc is inserted into the portable console, eat that Mr. Iwata, they should make Miyamoto president :)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
sheik124 said:
i hope no one flames me for this but nintendo was skyrocketing downward lately, and i kind of expected them to go belly-up two home consoles from now if they continue to do the dumbest fucking things, like "oh um, yeah we want our systems for games and games only" THAT ISN'T WHAT PEOPLE WANT!!! they want a sexy little gadget that'll do everything they want it to do, not "games and games only" now i expect their belly-uppyness to occur sometime within the next year or 2.
this is going to fail like Sega CD, Sega 32X, Nintendo Virtual Boy, and the Atari 5-something all put together
instead of doing a gay-ass thing like this, they should wake up and smell the daisies and make a super-charged hand held with OPTICAL MEDIA! *smacks Satoru Iwata with a 100 CD spindle*
now this thing could go well if in games that don't need two different displays, they can be placed flush side-by-side to make a pseudo-6" widescreen instead of 2 3" 4:3's for some really nice action adventure 3d gaming

Gee, you're quite the moron, aren't you?

As already said, NO, PEOPLE DON'T WANT A DO-EVERYTHING DEVICE. If they did, N-Gage would have more than ~2,000 sales worldwide.

Nintendo won't go belly-up, considering they have several billion in the bank. You really think that'll be exhausted any time soon?

Sega CD actually wasn't a failure. It had a pretty good run, and has some excellent games.

Optical media won't make anywhere near the difference in terms of games as you think it will. There were some bloody huge N64 games, all crammed into 32MB each. The biggest impact optical media would have on a handheld would be battery life. Spinning a disc and using random access on the laser takes a LOT of power... and don't compare it to a portable CD player - they keep the laser moving at a constant, slow rate on a conservative power setting. A game system needs to MOVE the laser, quite a bit in fact, and quite fast if you don't want lots of little pauses in loading. (the most amusing thing, though, is Nintendo hasn't yet revealed what media the system will use!)

And apparently the vertically-aligned screens will be more or less totally flush.

instead of trying new stuff, why doesn't nintendo work on an old concept, and improve it, like a BACKLIT GBA successor [sp is FRONTLIT] with the ds like 1 GBit RAM and media similar to UMD, except this would really be a Universal Media Disc, because the new home console would use the same media and the portable games could be played on the home system (but knowing nintendo they would never do this and would try and push another gbplayer) and they could have watered down versions or minigames play when a home disc is inserted into the portable console, eat that Mr. Iwata, they should make Miyamoto president

More retardedness. First off, SP being frontlit... does it really matter? OMG, they're using a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY that looks 90% as good and uses less than HALF THE BATTERY POWER! Or would you rather have to replace/recharge your batteries every 2-3 hours?

Second, Iwata-sama is an extremely capable man. You should probably look up what he's done in the past for the company.

It'd be nice if Yokoi-sama was still with Nintendo... he'd probably work some more magic. :( He'd surely have been Yamauchi's successor instead of Iwata...

And anyway, Nintendo's deal has ALWAYS been 'trying new stuff'. Rather look to a company like Sony for the tried-and-tried-and-tried-some-more approach...

sheik124

Emutalk Member
wow, i read my first post a couple of times and realized how stupid i sounded, just to add on, only reason i said that is because if nintendo wants to be a competitor for PSP they should try and do what they do (gamecube has at least 10x better hardware than PS2 but look at the games and feautures it has)

jollyrancher

What you say, is stupid. I don't want a small little handheld to watch movies. I want to listen to mp3? I use an mp3 player.
What the handhelds should offer is GAMING. That's what nothing else can do, and besides - it WILL be cheaper.

The thing is that if the portable has a good processor to play 3D games, there's no reason why it wouldn't be able to play MP3's or videos. The GBA is a good system if you just want to play 2D games, but technology is improving and there's no reason that portable gamings systems shouldn't improve also. And if people want something cheaper they can always get a GBA.

blizz

of course you're all judging it before we've seen it, so of course you have to be right don't you? :p

OP
Macca

Macca

blizz said:
of course you're all judging it before we've seen it, so of course you have to be right don't you? :p

oh course we do. now shut the fuck up and pick a side. ;)

Remote

Macca said:
oh course we do. now shut the fuck up and pick a side. ;)

haha, kind of hard not to side with Macca ;-)

I guess there's a first for everything... :p Scary thought...

blizz

Remote said:
haha, kind of hard not to side with Macca ;-)

I guess there's a first for everything... :p Scary thought...

I just think the whole concept revolves around only one game actually using the concept properly, just like how FFCC does it with the GBA link, and other games will just use it for basic functions.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
blizz said:
I just think the whole concept revolves around only one game actually using the concept properly, just like how FFCC does it with the GBA link, and other games will just use it for basic functions.
well said, putting the GBA link into TLZ:WW was a waste of time if you ask me, and i still think MKDD could have had some sort of nice GBA link-up
yer avatar scares me blizz

sheik124

Emutalk Member
note, i thought about this before reading macca's link
one of those interview questions may be true, i was digging around some old the inquirer GFX newz and found the ATI will supply future nintendo GFX chips and they were all hush-hush about it, maybe they were hush hush because they didn't want to announce DS yet
think of it, maybe they wanted a GFX giant like ATI to help them with the dual screen control etc.
sad thing it won't use optical media though, the PSP will most likely have the upper hand when it comes to features (square, those bastards, why don't they make a FF game for a nintendo system that isn't innovation [i was uber-pissed when i found out FFCC was NOT turn based] and stop worshipping sony) with their FMVs and surround audio tracks and whatnot

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
sheik124 said:
sad thing it won't use optical media though, the PSP will most likely have the upper hand when it comes to features (square, those bastards, why don't they make a FF game for a nintendo system that isn't innovation [i was uber-pissed when i found out FFCC was NOT turn based] and stop worshipping sony) with their FMVs and surround audio tracks and whatnot

OH, HEAVEN FORBID WE SEE A COMPANY DO SOMETHING SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT THEY'RE KNOWN FOR! D: Good fucking lord...