What's new

Nintendo drop support for the NES

JKKDARK

http://play.tm/story/13918

Those of you who still own a working NES will have to take extra special care of it from now on. Nintendo have announced they’re no longer offering support for the old favourite.

The report, first noticed by Arcade Renaissance, also says that Nintendo have plans to start winding down support for the Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gameboy, and Gameboy Pocket consoles in the future.

We're not quite sure what 'support' means, would Nintendo have still repaired your NES if asked up till recently? However, with the huge number of emulators and retro compilations available, not to mention download services like the Wii's Virtual Console and Xbox Live Marketplace, there's still plenty of ways to enjoy the massive back catalogue of old-school titles from all those consoles.

We'd love to hear from you if you still own an ancient console; do you ever actually get it out and use it? I have to admit my old Spectrum +2 remains safely packed away in the loft.

That was a long time really, even I didn't know Nintendo still repaired NES consoles. Luckily there are a lot of these systems in the world :)

Cyberman

Dang I just droped my N64!

Sorry :D

I'm surprised I thought they had droped the NES eons ago.
I suspect what happened is they are low on parts and the cost of repairing is becoming high.

Cyb

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
noooo
i'm..
i'm dieing
nooooo =]

it's ok i guess :unsure:
cuz i have a good top loader nes system:)

Last edited:

GCFreak

Wow, I thought Nintendo dropped NES support in 2003 when they stopped producing them. Not bad, Nintendo. Just goes to show how good Nintendo's customer support is.

OP
JKKDARK

JKKDARK

Wow, I thought Nintendo dropped NES support in 2003 when they stopped producing them. Not bad, Nintendo. Just goes to show how good Nintendo's customer support is.

Well production is different to repair. Even Sega Japan repaired Saturn and Dreamcast consoles until the last month :p