What's new

nForce4 NIC Issues

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
I recently got a GA-K8NXP-SLI board from Gigabyte and now I'm having a weird problem with the onboard nForce NIC. When I connect the NIC to any source it starts blinking, both the green and orange light flash on and off continually. This is not normal data transfer, I know what that is wink.gif

It hasn't always been this way, I had it working normal for almost 2 weeks, then while playing Counter-Strike:Source it started doing this.

The onboard Marvell NIC works fine, but I'm a Linux user and the modules aren't as good as the nForce's.

My Kernel messages keep on saying eth0 link up, eth0 link down on each flash.

In Windows XP I get the same thing; it does the DHCP lookup then the dual monitor indicator gets the red X over it, then does the lookup again, over and over.

I've searched the net for answers but I've found nothing, anyone got any ideas?

Riven

I have the same problem. I have an Asus Nforce 4 SLI. Nforce network do the same and BIOS tells that 2 pairs of cable are short and/or open. I've made a new cable (cat 5e), i've changed the HUB... i KEEP GETTING THAT PROBLEM. The only workaround (i've found, maybe there are others) is to force inside windows or Linux to 10 mbps. Then it stops blinking and works more or les fine (getting a bit unstable sometimes). I updated bios and drivers, too :(

smcd

Hmm, looks like i'll stay away from onboard NIC in nForce4 series. My board is nForce2 and the NIC is fine, though I have a PCI 3com that I use instead.