What's new

next release

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
So what are the major TODO items before our next release of mupen64Plus? This is a list of what I'd like to see:

1. Glide64 and RiceVideo plugin folders moved into the main mupen64-64bit folder. Edit Makefile so Glide64 and RiceVideo plugins are built under 'make all' and copied to the plugins folder.
  2. Rename mupen64-64bit folder to mupen64Plus.
  3. Default config files for mupen64 and all plugins.
  4. Add "config" subfolder to hold default mupen64 and plugin config files. Edit Makefile so this folder is copied to the install dir on 'make install'.
  5. Add API call to plugins to set config dir, so we can have all plugins look in the same place for config files.

I can do the config file related changes. Any thoughts on these items, or others to add to the list?

Richard42

Emulator Developer
So what are the major TODO items before our next release of mupen64Plus? This is a list of what I'd like to see:

1. Glide64 and RiceVideo plugin folders moved into the main mupen64-64bit folder. Edit Makefile so Glide64 and RiceVideo plugins are built under 'make all' and copied to the plugins folder.
  2. Rename mupen64-64bit folder to mupen64Plus.
  3. Default config files for mupen64 and all plugins.
  4. Add "config" subfolder to hold default mupen64 and plugin config files. Edit Makefile so this folder is copied to the install dir on 'make install'.
  5. Add API call to plugins to set config dir, so we can have all plugins look in the same place for config files.

I can do the config file related changes. Any thoughts on these items, or others to add to the list?

Yep, I agree with all the items on this list. I was planning on doing #1 and 2, possibly this weekend. I'll probably create a new SVN repository for the new project to reflect the new name. I think we have made enough major changes that it's definitely time for a new release.

OP
E

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
FYI, I've committed changes for #3, #4, and #5. Now there's a config/ sub folder that contains all default configuration files, which are copied to the install directory during 'make install'. When a user runs mupen64plus for the first time, a ~/.mupen64plus dir will be created and all default config files will be copied from the install dir to the ~/.mupen64plus directory.

GE Master

I'm out to lunch on Mupen vs Mupen64k, so I'll ask a newb question. Are any of the Mupen64k elements going to be in Mupen64 next release?

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I'm out to lunch on Mupen vs Mupen64k, so I'll ask a newb question. Are any of the Mupen64k elements going to be in Mupen64 next release?

I believe that okaygo lost the source code to Mupen64k, so this code will never be ported anywhere. However, okaygo has also moved from Windows to Linux and joined the Mupen64Plus development team, so it is possible that he will add netplay functionality some time.

GE Master

Okay, this must be an okaygo imposter. He's disappeared.

Also, I don't believe that the code has been lost. He is much too smart to let that happen. I personally just believe that he buried it in a desert so that when Nintendo comes knocking, he can use it against them if it comes to it. He needs that source in case of emergency. Self preservation. If you do this, then I'll do this type of idea.

Okaygo, let me host your failed forums please. I need some info off of it.

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Okay, this must be an okaygo imposter. He's disappeared.

Also, I don't believe that the code has been lost. He is much too smart to let that happen. I personally just believe that he buried it in a desert so that when Nintendo comes knocking, he can use it against them if it comes to it. He needs that source in case of emergency. Self preservation. If you do this, then I'll do this type of idea.

Okaygo, let me host your failed forums please. I need some info off of it.

I might have deleted the files off my site, and in that case I only have a very old backup of the code. I was afraid of my site getting exploited, so I removed it since I couldn't update it correctly. I don't have windows anymore so it's no point. Anyways it's me... I just don't use MSN anymore.