What's new

New to the emu, having some trouble.

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Well not technically new, just this version. When I get games to play they run great, but I am suffering some issues. I need someone to verify that these issues are with the emulator, or on my user end.

1.) I noticed while using Glide64 at times after making changes to plugin, the emulator will lock up and all of the game names will be replaced with empty white boxes.

2.) It seems plugins are not saving changes I make, and becomes unstable at other times. I have reason to believe that the fault lies in the emulator, because the one game I noticed this happens is Top Gear Overdrive. During the first few menus it is fine, but as soon as the race track comes up, I can no longer make plugin changes. Also, at this point, I cannot close the plugin window, or close the emulator. I have to Cntrl+Alt+Delete and End Task, or I'm stuck.

This is a breakthrough when it comes to running Top Gear games, so I'm assuming there are still a few kinks in the emulator while trying to emulate this. I've been playing with the Top Gear games for awhile now trying to find the best setup, with not much luck so far. Amazing how well they play now, with sound too.

3.) Sometimes after changing some settings in Glide64, the bottom bar of the emulator (Mupen64 - Nintendo 64 Emulator, Total ROMs bar) will show through the play screen.

4.) It seems to not like Jabo's Video plugins at times. I can't really explain, it just seems the emulator acts funky while I try to configure the plugin, or change settings. Is Mupen64 unstable while it's emulating, or is this just me having this problem?

Edit: Another Jabo problem is if you try to enable legacy pixel pipeline, the emulator freezes and you can't close the plugin screen. This happens with other plugin's options too.

Edit: 5.) Sometimes I cannot see the emulator unless it is maximized. As soon as I minimize, the emulator is either transparent or not there. Weird...

Besides these issues, the emulator runs great. Its nice to see another emu make it to the top, almost matching the level of 1964 and Project64. It's cool to see that every authors projects differ, but aim towards the same goal, while at the same time, all being unique. Hacktarux, keep at this emu, you have a great thing going, and you could have one of the best.

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Mupen64's gui isn't all that stable yet, so you kinda have to live with the bugs. But I agree, it is nice to see a fresh emulator.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I've learned little things to avoid to help with the gui. I was wondering if anyone or the man himself has any idea why the emulator will maximize fine, but I cannot view it in a window. I was wondering if there is anyway to fix it once this happens?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
dunno, it has always worked so far in window mode for me as i'm always testing the emu in this mode. Aren't you using glide64 with zeckenzack wrapper or something similar ? To my knowledge, my wrapper is the only one that allow both windowed and fullscreen mode.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
The only wrapper I use is your wrapper for it is the best. It's a strange bug, but it fixes if I load up a game using TR64 OGL v0.8.8... Also, on occasion, when it happens to Mupen, it also causes it to happen with 1964, but only if both emus are loaded simultaneously.

It's no big deal, I've learned to live with it.