What's new

New Graphic Card update, quick help!

gandalf

Member ready to help
i supose that, ATI have better hardware than NVidia,but ATI have a poor cuality drivers,and Nvidia have a nice hardware and an excellent quality of drivers.

toadster123

Is the GeForce 2 MX reall thattttt baddd, lol

I still got mine... but i dont 'game' that much...

Everything i ever play (Mafia, Gta3/VC, hitman2, Pj64, etc.) works fine...

Why do u crazy gamers spend hunderds on gfx cards??? i could never figure that out....

L

Lachp30

Dogman5 said:
Ok, its juts about time that the GeForce 2 MX 400 has to go!

Here is my current PC specs:

-DELL Dimension 8100
-Pentium 4 @ 1.5 GHz
-640 MB RAM
-Windows XP
-60 GB Hard Drive
-GeForce 2 MX 400

What is a good graphics card in the price range of less than 150$ that can be found online that would be best for those specs, and also work best with Project 64.

I am currently looking at getting an ATI Radeon 9600 PRO.

newegg.com has the POWERCOLOR ATI RADEON 9600 PRO EZ version 128MB DDR DVI+CRT+TV 8X AGP RETAIL for 148.00$

Is this a good graphics card for the money and for my PC? Will it work well with Project 64 as well?

Thanks in advance guys!! :bounce:

Believe it or not, I almost have the same computer as you; mines a 4400 - the mainboard, graphics card etc are the same, but you have a greater power supply. I don't mean to disscourage you, but when I tried to install a ATI 9500 PRO, the computer would not take it. I then plugged the 9500 into our old DELL an expirenced the same problem. Well, just telling you what might happen:(

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
gandalf said:
i supose that, ATI have better hardware than NVidia,but ATI have a poor cuality drivers,and Nvidia have a nice hardware and an excellent quality of drivers.

I disagree, I've only had one ATi driver problem so far and it wasn't even in the driver, but the control panel...