What's new

.net?

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
What in gods name is this .NET stuff? Can someone please explain it to me, I just don't get it. I thought it had something to do with the internet, but now I hear it's programming related? Maybe both? :ermm:

EDITED

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Asking for anything remotely illegal such as Warez will be a bannable offence. If what you were looking for on the other hand was shareware/or freeware, then we could of course help.

Acorn

.net is a programming language made to combine the best features of many languages, be secure, ect. For example, write a class in one language then referance it in another. No, I don't really understand it, but this guy does.

.NET is a "software platform". It's a language-neutral environment for writing programs that can easily and securely interoperate. Rather than targetting a particular hardware/OS combination, programs will instead target ".NET", and will run wherever .NET is implemented.

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Nah, I just need the MSDN Library otherwise using Visual C++ without it is tough for a beginner, and no I don't think it's freeware, in fact i'm nearly positive it isn't, so no I AM NOT ASKING FOR IT, I am now just merely stating what I need, for informational purposes. DO NOT RESPOND WITH ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET IT, NOT HERE, NOT IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE, NOT IN AN EMAIL, BECAUSE I'M NOT ASKING FOR IT. Thank you. I think i'm going to have to switch back to Borland C++ Builder because without the help files i'm in trouble :(

Hopefully i'll figure out this .NET mess. What exactly is the ".NET Framework" offered on Windows Update?