NeeDS 0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Lines

Name: NeeDS
Author/Programmer: maxhoov
First Release Date: 20 June 2006
Current Release: 0.0.1

Sorry guys....Just making notes for a new compat list!!

View attachment 32919

Originally Posted by retrohead at GBArl.it
"NeeDS, a Nintendo DS emulator for Windows PC's has been released by maxhoov. It appears to be based on the source code for DeSmuME (by yopyop) with a modified GUI. Apparently this runs faster and is more compatable that DeSmuME but unfortunately the original post is in Polish so is a little hard to read. With the help of a Polish collegue I have managed to translate it as best as I can. If maxhoov keeps working on this as is planned, we could see a new favourite emulator for all those wanting to play DS games on thier PC's"

There we go!! Something to look forward too!! Yay!!

spotanjo3

I know about this but oh no..I do not feel like to do it all over again. However, the change speed is increase..most roms seem to be same as the Desmume 3.3.4 Full

EDIT: Maybe someone should change this chinese to english GUI ? :)

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Oh um Rockmangames....I take it all work done on compatibility with DeSmuME 0.3.3 is the same with 0.3.4?? I was reading somewhere and you said that there was no change....

spotanjo3

Yep! Some crashes on 3.3.4 Full that was not happened in 3.3.4 but most of them are the same..no change.

OP
L

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:
Yep! Some crashes on 3.3.4 Full that was not happened in 3.3.4 but most of them are the same..no change.
k thanks....just point out the ones that are different k?

OP
L

Low Lines

Hmm...so much for making them struggle to find it :evil:
[Evil Side Off]

Hey thanks proffessor_Gad, I gave up looking for a link cos they wanted me to log in just to download it =] LOL

Hmmm...May I ask if anyone knows of a homepage for NeeDS yet?? Surely there must be something like that somewhere if there's an emulator released (original source of information wise). I did a quick Google search but not only is it's name a typical word (needs) but it's a Chinese emulator so most likely the site would be Chinese too :(

Last edited:

davidpoiu

Well, it's nice to see than another emulator for DS is released.

But it might be a good idea to do a release in English (at least with Google translation) (If that would be possible, it's just a suggestion)

PD: Check Dragon Booster!
It's promising! Good work!

Last edited:

WhiteX

I like the Dragon Booster cartoon myself but that is the most suckative game ever, do Phoenix Wright work?
Meh...I´ll test it myself. :D

OP
L

Low Lines

Well that's all good and I have nothing against what other people like, everyone has their own tastes as do I have my own.

This may be opinionative (can't spell) but I find that generally most games based off of Movies and/or shows lack that ROCK factor games need to sell, which is why they don't sell as well as they could. Of course I have not tried all such games so I suppose it all depends on the person....

Anyway is the any reason to start up a compatibility list on this emulator or is there not much point since it is "said" to be pretty much a faster version of DeSmuME?? I'll leave that decision up to the experts then huh?? Rockmangames, where are you (and yes I did know you already made a statement on this Rockman, just revising it in case)?? LOL =]

ninja1

i did sum quick compatability testing and this is whut i got:
0149 - Spyro - Shadow Legacy (E)
goes (kinda) ingame but top screen is black

0160 - GoldenEye - Dark Agent DS (J)
doesnt let ya in, sais ya gotta click touch screen? but doesnt respond

0216 - Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time (U)
same troubles cant get past first battle cus characters aint showing properly

ninja1

ayy just did some random testing to see if i could find any improvements (besides faster run speed)

spotanjo3

Ninja1,

No bother. Mightnight C is right because this is improvement in speed thats all and everything else are the same as desmume and nothing's new..just an improvement speed, that's all.

Gialan

Umm this emulator don't have save state/load state support since the guy make this say it have DesMuME source too ?

OP
L

Low Lines

most likely maxhoov didn't know about Normmatt's build of the emu...I mean I'm not sure if there are many people who even know about Normmatt's build of it outside this forum (ie There's no news of it at NGEmu)

Status
Not open for further replies.