What's new

Need Help with Chankast

martus20

Martus
I have a problem with my DVD-ROM drive reading Dreamcast games. It reads them as being the game yet it only has around 1 or 2 MB and I know for a fact a Dreamcast games has more than one MB on it. If anyone could help it would be most greatful.

Miretank

Lurking
r u using a GD-ROM? i think either dvd and cd-r drives can't read GD-ROMS, so you need to run a copied cd on the drive. i only use ripped cds on my cdrom :)
hope that helps ;-)

OP
M

martus20

Martus
is there any programs that can be downloaded that will allow the drive read the GD-Rom disc? I have no idea what kind of DVD drive I have either.

Miretank

Lurking
i'm afraid not. i think you'll need to rip a dreamcast disc and then use it or... make an CDI or BIN/CUE image from the GD to make it run in some generic cd-rom/dvd driver. For this, use Daemon Tool (there is more help in the help content in the chankast)
did i help? :)

OP
M

martus20

Martus
This is the question that I should ask. How do you rip dreamcast games. What program do you use?
Also I remembered something very interesting. A while back I played a dreamcast that had a CD-R disc in it, except it has little over 100+ SNES games on it and I was curious if you knew how to do this?

Miretank

Lurking
how to rip i don't know and i think it is prohibited to talk about this here. but i'll warn that isn't so simple... and this disc is a DREAMSNES, which is Super Nintendo emulator for Dreamcast. cool it isn't? i had one with my old dreamcast hehe... actually i know sites that have these emus like dcemulation.com (i think). perhaps you need to search for any post about how to rip gds...