What's new

Need help in Zelda OoT Master Quest Fire Temple

_yo_wasup_

This is the first time asking for help since I've ever started playing a Zelda game, but I know there's one way to fix my scenario, and that is to start the temple over... which truefully, I don't even know if it's possible.

I just walked into the room where you smash the huge pillar with the megaton hammer. In this room are 2 "temple of time blue blocks" and I played the song of time by both of them, which is the reason I'm posting. The one block that I had to use to jump to the pillar is now gone, so I can't get over to it, and the other one warped about 15 feet to help me out so I could jump over a fire wall. I can't get over to the part where I jump over the fire wall because the BLOCK IS GONE and I'm pissed. I can't just go out of the room and come back. The temple of time blocks are always the same. I know that if I play the song of time by the block that warped, it will just erase itself, because of experience in the Forest Temple. HOW DO I GET THIS BLOCK BACK. I NEED IT SO I CAN JUMP ACROSS!

OP
Y

_yo_wasup_

I refuse to use a walkthrough. It takes the fun out of it. The difference between a walkthrough and talk on a forums, is that I can get a particular question answered, and not be guided through the whole thing. The reason I'm posting here is because I want to know if there's a way to retrieve a temple of time blue block after playing the song of time by it. Walkthroughs won't answer that. They will just tell you what to do, and I want to figure that out by myself because that is what Zelda games are for. But out of desperation, I looked through the REAL master quest walkthrough (you provided an ocarina of time walkthrough). Like I had guessed, it didn't say shit about my particular issue. In Callout 20, it just hammers the pillar down right away. It doesn't even talk about the temple of time blue blocks or the door to the left through a fire maze, and a wall of fire to the right. This proves that walkthroughs are not only a way to ruin a game, but to make a game shorter, leaving certain elements out of a game. I'm going to take screenshots of what my scenario looks like, and hope somebody can speak up.

I am having a little trouble with a "Blue Time Block" and cannot find a way to fix my mistake of making one disappear that was needed for me to jump on to get to the stand where you pound down the pillar with the megaton hammer in the Fire Temple.

This screenshot shows the jump that I cannot make without the block being there.
project6420080706161554co8.png

This screenshot shows the other blue block that I warped into position. (I beileve it is for me to be able to jump over this wall of fire, which is an entire wall of fire on the right side).
project6420080706161638jc1.png

This screenshot shows a better view of where the blue block was that I made disappear with the "song of time." Navi is being a bitch and saying that you can see below, not being helpful at all.
project6420080706161606jv9.png

For the first time in Zelda, I'm nearly convinced I'm stuck. I have tried playing the temple of time while standing in the dead center of where the block was to try and get it to reappear.

I know of two different kinds of "Time Blocks" with experience of the Forest Temple. If you play the song of time by them, I have seen this to happen:

Type 1.) Warps to a nearby location to aid you.
Type 2.) Disappears to usually help you get through.

It seems that this "Type 2" block was only helped so Navi could turn green and tell me you can see below. I literally have no idea why Nintendo would design the game for it to have this hint. To this day, I never thought it was possible for a person to be stuck, but as far as I know, this is a glitch in the game until I find a way around it.

The ground level on this room is quite simple.

If you go to the left, there is a fire maze that leads to the room I explained above which is a dead end until you enter the middle on the top that I can't reach.

If you go to the right, there is a fire wall extending the entire length from the wall to the middle, not allowing you to get through.

I shouldn't even mention this because it's for sure a bug in the game that I'm not sure if any one else has run into, but I was able to "1 out of over 100 tries" roll into the fire wall before/as it appeared, and it still burned me but I got to the other side of the fire wall and was trapped inside it instead of outside it. I couldn't reach the other door going into the middle because another fire wall surrounded the door alone, and I couldn't activate the switch on the right because that was also surrounded by a fire wall. I couldn't go to this hallway on a small ledge either because that had a fire wall over it. (You can see this in the background of screenshot 2). I was able to go through one door, however. All it had was a skullatulla after I killed an enemy.

Other than that, this room has the entrance door, and the door that enters the middle from the high part I can't get at. (Seen in screenshot 1 behind magic meter).

Is is possible to get physically stuck in a Zelda game?
Is this a game bug?

Whatever it is, I have no idea what to do, and it's been a couple days now.

ZeldaExpert

They don't call me ZeldaExpert for nothing. Okay, I don't have Master Quest but from experience I know that the ToT blocks that dissapear are ment to do that. Don't fuss over this simple thing. Okay, you are not stuck. Just merely play the song at both blocks to reset them. Then think of something.:homestar:

OP
Y

_yo_wasup_

you can't play it at the block that disappeared, because it's not there. ive tried playing it everywhere in that room including right where it was.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
use a fricking game guide, we aren't here to answer your ever question, when its already covered on some topic on the net.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
use a fricking game guide, we aren't here to answer your ever question, when its already covered on some topic on the net.

You incessant pest... how anyone tolerates YOU is the real question.

I suppose it's fine though; most "information" you have to offer is bullshit anyway. {}:{

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
You incessant pest... how anyone tolerates YOU is the real question.

I suppose it's fine though; most "information" you have to offer is bullshit anyway. {}:{

Yeah, its time to move on and get over it, you know where the door is if you can't, because im not going anywhere.