What's new

N64 games secrets

Fabricio_EX

This is just to take a break from those emulation problems and questions. Tell us the secrets you know about any N64 game. Here are some I know about Zelda OOT. Have fun!:bouncy:

1. Using young Link, go to Hyrule Field at night using the Bunny Mask, the Stalchilds won’t come to attack you.
2. Go to the Fishing Pond (don`t enter there yet) and wait until the exact moment the chicken announce the new day, then enter. The lake will be cloudy and the Hylian Loach will be swimming there. Its weight can reach about 35 pounds, but you can get only a purple rupee for it.
3. The sinking lure helps you to catch those fishs that are at the bottom of the lake. You can`t see it, but to get the lure, try looking at: the trunk in the middle of the lake; the hole on the wall (where water is flowing); the lilypads; the stones near the flux and other stones. However, using the sinking lure will disable the rumble pak when you’re catching a fish.
4. Have you heard about the Deku Hall? It`s located on Lost Woods. You have to go right, left, right, left then left again. Try looking near the butterflies on the grass, there`s a hole there. Try using any mask when you’re down there.
5. Try to catch the hat of the man on the Fishing Pond with the fishhook. Adjust the distance then cast the line.
6. Are you having difficulties to defeat Phanton Ganon? Try using a bootle to reflect the attacks, but DO NOT do this with the real Ganondorf.

The_Z

"The_A"
While having the game in the N64 Control Deck, sightly lift the left side of the cartridge. Crooked Cartirdge fun. :) Watch link go through actors. You're a winner.

Toasty

Sony battery
Fabricio_EX said:
6. Are you having difficulties to defeat Phanton Ganon? Try using a bootle to reflect the attacks, but DO NOT do this with the real Ganondorf.
Actually, that works with real Ganondorf too. That's one of my favorite ways to beat him.

picartman

Fabricio_EX said:
This is just to take a break from those emulation problems and questions. Tell us the secrets you know about any N64 game. Here are some I know about Zelda OOT. Have fun!:bouncy:

1. Using young Link, go to Hyrule Field at night using the Bunny Mask, the Stalchilds won’t come to attack you.
2. Go to the Fishing Pond (don`t enter there yet) and wait until the exact moment the chicken announce the new day, then enter. The lake will be cloudy and the Hylian Loach will be swimming there. Its weight can reach about 35 pounds, but you can get only a purple rupee for it.
3. The sinking lure helps you to catch those fishs that are at the bottom of the lake. You can`t see it, but to get the lure, try looking at: the trunk in the middle of the lake; the hole on the wall (where water is flowing); the lilypads; the stones near the flux and other stones. However, using the sinking lure will disable the rumble pak when you’re catching a fish.
4. Have you heard about the Deku Hall? It`s located on Lost Woods. You have to go right, left, right, left then left again. Try looking near the butterflies on the grass, there`s a hole there. Try using any mask when you’re down there.
5. Try to catch the hat of the man on the Fishing Pond with the fishhook. Adjust the distance then cast the line.

how do u do number 6?

Toasty

Sony battery
Instead of swinging your sword to reflect the attack, swing a bottle - it works. Don't attack him directly with the bottle though. ;)

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
Toasty said:
Instead of swinging your sword to reflect the attack, swing a bottle - it works. Don't attack him directly with the bottle though. ;)

[Zeldaitemfindmusic]Danananaaaaa[/Zeldaitemfindmusic]

You caught a GANANDORF

He's the prince of darkness and has imrisoned Zelda in a crystal of Doom. When let out of bottle, he destroys everything and tries to control the world of Hyrule.

Value: -1 Ruppee

Clements

I was at GameFAQs the other day and came across a secret I didn't even know - that there is a secret Fairy Fountain in Ganon's Tower in the main lobby part. You need the Lens of Truth to reveal it's entrance.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I always liked the Z-button trick in Blast Corps.

If you're driving a vehicle that your dude can only get out of in one way, and trying to get out next to a building makes him go "D'oh!" - mash Z while in that position and the building, no matter how large, will vanish and count as destroyed after a few seconds.

Typify

Nolife
Tagrineth said:
I always liked the Z-button trick in Blast Corps.

If you're driving a vehicle that your dude can only get out of in one way, and trying to get out next to a building makes him go "D'oh!" - mash Z while in that position and the building, no matter how large, will vanish and count as destroyed after a few seconds.

It's a glitch and doesn't work in V1.1.

Clements

Stuff for Perfect Dark:

In the Perfect Dark target test, choose the Laptop Gun (Bronze). Turn around and begin to deploy it on the back wall. The second it starts to unfold, press start and click abort, then press start again before the laptop gun deploys. Now select a different test that you haven't finished, eg. AR34 (Gold) which is normally quite difficult. Then, the laptop will deploy and immediately start shooting at the target(s), and more often than not, that will be enough to win the challenge. This doesn't work well with certain tests on Gold like the tranquillizer (although it makes it much easier), but it'll unlock a lot of the cheats for the Classic Weapons with no difficulty.

Another weird glitch: Sometimes when you do a challenge, the CPU simulant will either get stuck or stop moving provided that you stand still. This happens very infrequently, and only on certain challenges. If the CPU gets stuck, you can normally put down the controller and wait for 10 minutes to pass, winning the challenge with a 0-0 draw. I used this technique on my real N64 on a lot of the later challenges before the very cheap way of beating the challenges was discovered that involves loading a preset game.

OP
Fabricio_EX

Fabricio_EX

Try this one for GoldenEye - On Runway stage, stand above the tank and press B to get on board, then change your weapon to one before the tank torpedoes. Now press A to change your weapon to the tank and immediately press B to get out. If it work you'll control 007 on foot with the tank weapon. I just did it once, it's hard...

OP
Fabricio_EX

Fabricio_EX

and another one for StarFox 64 - Meteo stage. There are two stones that give you "unlimited hits". The first is before you enter the tunnel. Try shooting a charged shot at the left side of the HopBot. If you shoot in the right place, you'll get a hit+2; shoot there again and you'll get a hit+1. Try as much as you want and you'll get a lot of hits if you're fast enough. The second is in the other tunnel (after Peppy tell you that the enemy is coming from behind), in the stone that has the same shape as the first, try shooting in the same place and you'll get the same results. Interesting, huh? Maybe a bug or error in the game?

There's another bug in Area 6, but it depends on your skills. Try everything you can to destroy 512 or more enemies in the stage. If you do this, finish the game and wait for the final results (until the rank is shown), you'll see your record in the stage as 280~290+some more hits (and the final result will be like you've destroyed this amount of enemies), but the total is less than 300, and the medal icon on the side of the stage symbol. Now try the stage again and get exactly 511 hits (the best way is to defeat exactly 500 before the boss and destroy it fast to get a hit+10 = 511). Then wait again and you'll see 511 hits and the medal on the final rank. I did this all on the real N64 console. How did I discover the exact value of 511? Well, I don't know... But try and tell me what do you think about it.

SupermanIsNvius

I can't seem to get into the Water Temple. I've been though the Ice Cavern and learned the song and all that junk, but the gat is still closed. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

goronlink

Banned
mario64 tricks who everyone(i think) know:
no comment for the steps please ;)

1 get 120 stars(i did)
2 cry loud you managed 2 get 120 stars :p
3 kill bowser
4 read the new text he says&enjoy
5 go ouside
6 go inside the cannon
7 fire to castle
8 dont fall down
9 pick a wing cap
10 go 2 the canon
11 shoot so high as you can
12 try 2 get so high as possible @ the castle
13 land and walk up via the walls
14 try every wall
15 :eek:
16 meet big race pinguin again
17 :eek:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
On Super mario 64 once you have 120 stars. Shoot to the top of the castle. walk round and you will see yoshi! He will give you 99 lives aswell.