What's new

N64 Game Configuration List v3.1 Update

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Can a mod delete my old thread if this one is a problem? I just wanted to start fresh. :happy: old thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
A brief explanation to everyone who doesn't know what this is: This is a configuration list for N64 emulators, that tells what emulator to use, what plugins to use, and any known issues with the configuration. It contains information that you should know about particular plugins and emulators, and any special fixes for games if it needs one. And now on to my post...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Lack of sleep and over-excitement has brought me to this update. Over the past four days since my last release, I have accomplished my final tasks:

- Tested the last of the games I ever set out to test for on my list.
- Updated some older configurations and known issues for a better game experience.
- Included all the latest emulators and plugins in my configurations for the most recent compatibility.
- Designed so it's easy to understand basic N64 emulation for almost everyone.
- Found many fixes for the "hard to work" games.
- Made it enjoyable to view including a cool background and font layout.

This is my final version for now, but my list will live on. I have many more games to add over time, and better configs for my previously listed games. I don't plan on updating again anytime soon, but expect a nice release sometime after the holidays.

You can download the list from this forum, or go to my downloads page. My latest releases will always hit my website before anywhere, and can be found HERE:

Ultimately, any progress I make on my list will be added to my online version before releases:
N64 Configuration List Online

Last edited:
OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
olivieryuyu said:
well i check the list

there is many errors in it afaik

many errors such as? i know there is a lot of errors I left out of games that weren't a big deal, but what errors do i need to fix? are my plugin settings off? are my emu settings off? did i state something incorrectly? please share I am aiming for perfection!

edit: just to say, i love criticism, and when my flaws are pointed out. this not only helps me in the long run, but anyone who uses this in the future. if anyone sees anything wrong at anytime, let me know so i can fix for the future. :)

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

emu sometimes, gfx plugin often, missing games

for instance:

RE2

(Major) Terrible flickering during much of the game

except at the beginning for 2 screens the game runs perfect with Glide64 and Mupen

- (Major) Characters pop through other objects:

did you try to use zeckensack wrapper and use the depth render option to fix that (?)

Mupen is a bit out of synchro for sound also in movies but sound is much better than other emus

Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 is not good with this game

another game Space Station Silicon valley (U) [!]

use glide64 and all is fixed

You don't speak of depth render for coronas, not fb notification with Mupen and Glide64

and many more ...

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
resident evil 2, you got me there, i never tested that one as much as I would have liked to, which is why I guess I didn't see much of an improvement between glide and jabo. a lot of errors from games I left out intentionally because I try to target more of a user audience rather then developer audience, and mainly if a game plays, then my work is done for that game. developers and the "official" testers know a lot more than I do, and catch thing that I cannot. I know there are better settings than what I have for a lot of games, like I say in my list, "Keep in mind that not only my configurations stated work. My list is compiled of “known working” configurations. So, this is not saying that an alternative emulator/plugin combo will not work. Alternative configurations to the ones I have listed may even run better than mine."

I don't test each and every game as thoroughly as a lot of the people do here on the boards, which is why I post so I can get feedback from the ones that know something I don't, and are willing to help. I'd offer everyone money if I had it :p, but I'm poor so no. but if there is anything that needs changed, i will be happy to change it, for the good of the public. I come this far with it, I may well do what I can with it. I still have a lot of games to add, and I know when I test I do miss a lot of "special fixes" and errors that could probably be avoided.

Edit: I did mention Mupen with Glide but I guess I should have been more detailed. In video information i state: "For any game that uses Mupen64, the plugin Glide64 will give you the best results. This combo allows Glide64 to show effects it won’t show in other emulators." I did forget to let everyone know how to actually enable these effects.

Last edited: