What's new

N64 Game Configuration List v3.0 is Here

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Almost a year and a half ago, I started this project. A little over a year ago, I went public for the first time on this message board. Below is my original thread in case you are clueless as to what my list is so far: My very first thread at EmuTalk

Many know my name, some will see it for the first time. Everytime I post about my updates, I end up saying this same line so here goes....

I am Bighead. I have created a N64 Configuration List that contains predefined settings for games, in order to get them to run with as little hassle as possible. Over the course of time, it expanded with more games, more settings, and eventually, known issues and fixes. As emulation aged, so did the ease of finding more working configurations. At this point, it's pretty big, and with my newest release, it's pretty fancy.

If you are still confused on what this is, here is a link to my Online version which can be viewed antime if you are on the net:
Bighead's Online Multiple Configuration List

If you would like to download it so you can view it anytime, than follow this link:
Bighead's EmuHelp Download's Page

And I am always open to criticism. My list recieved a complete overhaul from last version, so tell me how you like it. If you have any additions that you would like me to make including game settings, ideas, comments, anything, contact me. My contact information can be found on my homepage and at the bottom of my list. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do making it.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
very nice list. If I get some time I try out some of your settings myself some time.

You spelled 'Hacktarux' wrong in the video plugins section.

snesmaster40

Very nice, but there is a few games missing.

Oh and WWF Wrestlemania 2000 works perfect with PJ64 v1.6 and Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
snesmaster40 said:
Very nice, but there is a few games missing.

Oh and WWF Wrestlemania 2000 works perfect with PJ64 v1.6 and Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6

Of course there is a few games missing, it's not done yet. It takes a long time for one man to accumulate and test every 64 game out there, than jot down my results. Expect more to come in passing time, could be 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months, who knows. This little list has been my hobby for some time now when I get into the mood of working on it.

BTW thanx for the heads up on Wrestlemania. I'll add it to my online list right now. My online list will eventually become my next downloadable release, so check it every so often for changes.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Correction. Not out of date, just incomplete. I have the latest everything listed except mupen related compatibility, thanx for the heads up on that. I was unaware that it even still recieved updates. I'm gonna play with it for the next few days and see what it's capable of. If it can run some of the games I stare at stumped, then this list may just be the most thorough document ever. Thnx again olivieryuyu :devil:

4real

Looked at your list and is great and good work.

U might need to update Banjo Tooie as its runs unstable in PJ64 vers1.6 plus the game has issues in 1964 as well.

Im testing Banjo tooie at the mo with a save state from 1964 version 8.5 and seems to make the game stable in PJ64 ver1.6.(test results will be added to my Faq

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
4real said:
Looked at your list and is great and good work.

U might need to update Banjo Tooie as its runs unstable in PJ64 vers1.6 plus the game has issues in 1964 as well.

Im testing Banjo tooie at the mo with a save state from 1964 version 8.5 and seems to make the game stable in PJ64 ver1.6.(test results will be added to my Faq

Awesome. I had a look at you FAQ, it looks like you have Banjo Tooie broken down into a science. It looks like your FAQ hasn't been updated in some time, so let me know your final results on everything. I loaded the game in Mupen, and played it for a little while. It seems stable there, but the framerate is to be desired. The only question I have is, is the savestate from the very start of the game, or did you make it so far, save in 1964, then load in Project64? If you find a way to make this game run flawless I will surely add it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Bighead - remember that Mupen and Glide64 together can emulate some effects that other emulators cannot. There was one such issue in the known issues thread on emuxhaven I think that was found working on mupen with glide64.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Before I go digging into the threads, do you remember what this issue was?

4real

Bighead said:
Awesome. I had a look at you FAQ, it looks like you have Banjo Tooie broken down into a science. It looks like your FAQ hasn't been updated in some time, so let me know your final results on everything. I loaded the game in Mupen, and played it for a little while. It seems stable there, but the framerate is to be desired. The only question I have is, is the savestate from the very start of the game, or did you make it so far, save in 1964, then load in Project64? If you find a way to make this game run flawless I will surely add it.

Its from the start of a game and seems very stable after many months of testing, im nearly at the end of my testing and will be added to my faq.

I have not tested the new mupen yet but will be getting to this very soon.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Good, can't wait for Banjo Tooie results. Also, I was reading the Mupen release notes, and Mario Kart 64 is supposed to show the screen in Luigi Raceway without slowdown? I get slowdown, does anyone else?

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
So the slowdown is there always :yucky:

I guess the only thing I am stuck on is 2 games:
Morita Shougi 64 (J) [!]
Pachinko 365 Nichi (J) [!]

Both of these games seem to load fine, but after the title screen, I get some weird Japanese message and I cannot go any further. Does the ROM detect that it is in an emulator and not a N64? I know there was an issue with I think Jet Force Jemini back in the day that had a similar error.

olivieryuyu

Bighead said:
So the slowdown is there always :yucky:

I guess the only thing I am stuck on is 2 games:
Morita Shougi 64 (J) [!]

Both of these games seem to load fine, but after the title screen, I get some weird Japanese message and I cannot go any further. Does the ROM detect that it is in an emulator and not a N64? I know there was an issue with I think Jet Force Jemini back in the day that had a similar error.

do you use fb notification ? i have slowdowns when there is the screen only.

Morita Shougi 64 (J) [!]

are working well. Don't know what you're doing wrong.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I don't get it either :cry: :cry:
But these are the pics.

Morita Shougi 64 (J) [!]
morita.jpg

nichi.jpg

As you can see, they both say close to the same thing. No matter what emulator or plugin I use, the games freeze to this screen. I wish I at least knew what it said so maybe I'd have a clue.. I know both ROM dumps are good so that can't be the problem. :(

Oh and I mean regarding to Mario Kart, the slowdowns cannot be avoided when approaching the screen, my bad for not being more clear on that. Yeah it runs great everywhere else, except there. I was just wondering if it was avoidable yet, which I now know it's not :).

Last edited:
OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
olivieryuyu said:
well do you use mempack ?

Aaaahhhhh! complete genious.

Disabling mempack did it. thanks heaps :happy:

I can't believe that simple little error caused me to freeze, and got by me...I must be tired.

bogboy1978

Sorry to go reviving an older thread, but does anyone know of an alternate location for the configuration list? either the online or offline version would be fine. Failing that might somebody be kind enough to upload a copy of the offline version to an alternate host?

Thanks in advance.

corazon912

I don't check here too often, so am glad someone revived it or I would have missed it. Of course it would have been better if the link worked. Odd that it isn't that old of one that it doesn't work.