What's new

My Emulator Menu

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I have developed a pretty fancy menu for my emulators. I just wanted to show the world what I made :bouncy: although its nothing too special. So what does everyone think of it? You can tell I'm an emu fanatic. Also, don't forget to check out my N64 Compatibility List. Though still questionable, it can be found in the General Discussion Forum for N64 Emulation.

Edit:: Oh yeah, and those little screens of Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda are videos scenes I made using NNNesterJ's AVI output.

Last edited:

Chris_W

erm this is Strange.
dont think ive ever seen a Hey Ive made this what do you think Thread without also seeing a Downloadable exe to try :plain:

well anyway just going by the Pic id say what i think about it is its way too big and i wouldnt fancy anything like that filling my entire Screen :)

JinXD

Nice idea, but it's not exactly aesthetically pleeasing, is it!? The coloured writing makes it difficult to read, and the background would look better if it was nice and plain.

Personally I'd rather have all the shortcuts on my desktop or start menu any day.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Criticism is appreciated :bouncy: . It's ok, I never really was going to go public with it, and as for the size, its not that bad. Just click the executable, the menu loads, click the emu, and it closes. The text on the other hand, is actually easy to read, but the jpg compression on my pic kinda smeared it. But it is slightly difficult if you have a small monitor I can imagine, so I can see where you are going with that. If people really want me to make a public version, than...Nope. Don't want to. As far as it goes, this is far as public as I will go. Here is the menu with incomplete or broken command line options. And I am taking that idea of the multi-color text into consideration...it would be better just plain white. But as for the background, that goes as far as a matter of opinion and it could easily be made customizable. The menu itself is made solely by Quick Menu Builder Pro (registered), but that wouldn't prevent me from designing a way to make it fully customizable outside of the program. I wasn't attempting fame, just wanted a few opinions. Ok, bring them on :happy:

Edit:: Oh, yeah. I also took the videos out so don't expect the full effect. Just wanted to cut down filesize.

Last edited: