What's new

Multiple Game Config List - Back to Life

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
http://bmgcl.emuxhaven.net - My site still lives, check here for the online list.

Online Version of MGCL - Just click this to skip right to it.

Of course some of you will remember me, some of you will meet me for the first time here. I have taken a long leave from video games and emulation, mainly because of what every one has, a real life. Luckily I love emulation again, video games rule, and I am hard at work at making even more possible combination of emulators and plugins to run games, making it easy for the public. My newest updates are going to be more thorough, even stating suggested RSP plugins. Tons of new great stuff to play with, Direct64 looking sharp, Project64 1.6 is amazing, Rice's plugin is looking good, and even Glide64 is more amazing than ever before. But anyway, check my site. I now have an Online Configuration List which i will be updating regularly. First page is my only progression so far, but it's near complete. Than I will finally fill in all the voids on page 2 and PD roms for everyones convenience. Thanks to all the great authors of all these great new updates to give me something to do again.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Why I have decided to make my progress into an online list is mainly because I want to share my work as soon as it's done I guess. Not only that, it makes it easier on me when it comes to saving my configs. When I am finally content to what I believe is a good accomplishment, than I will make a downloadable release. I wish everyone a good day.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yes this sort of thing is a lot of work and never-ending.

for me this would be more useful if you explain *why* you suggest a particular thing.

do you intend to add this at any time?

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Well, I make suggestions because not every plugin or emulator can run any game obviously. Due to the amazing improvements over time, especially since i started this almost a year back, more and more games seem to be working with less hassle and much easier. Why I suggest certain plugins, certain emulators is because I look for which configuration will run the game the cleanest, fastest, sharpest, best sound, etc...you get the idea. I am aware that many many games now can be run with many different plugins and emulators, but not all perfect, and what I do is look for the one setup that is near flawless, or at least runs the game. But since N64 emulation is far from perfect, finding the "perfect setup" isn't easy, but is ever growing easier. To be basic, I am merely finishing my compilation of game setups so emulation noobs or even some experienced users can use it as a quick reference without having to browse the net or hassle with plugins.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok, you are helping users, and this is good. but with a little more info, you could maybe help developers aswell?
just an idea :)

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Smiff said:
ok, you are helping users, and this is good. but with a little more info, you could maybe help developers aswell?
just an idea :)

I would love to help developers in any way I can. But, could you give me an example of like, what I can do? I have no knowledge of any form of programming language (except programming PLCs and HTML, which won't help in the least), but I can test things pretty thoroughly and point out what I find wrong, and what works. I am also pretty good at finding ways to manipulate a particular game by modifying the default ROM settings, but that's my limitation. I'll do what I can :bouncy:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
just include as much detail as you can. e.g. if you suggest 1964, please say what is wrong with Project64, so i know if it's a bug that needs to be fixed, or just that 1964 is faster, or why else you prefer it. or vica versa :)
some of your entries i know why you've recommended the one you have, but others i have no clue and a few extra words to point us in the right direction is another chance to get something fixed.
also some users may be interested in learning more.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Thats a great idea. A lot of my entries still need fine tuned, for example, when I first started, I only had suggested emulators, than later decided to add a few alternatives, than later decided on known issues. Like I'll take an entry for example that I have:

-----------------------------------
1080 Snowboarding (E) [!]
Suggested Emulator: Project 64
Suggested Video: Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6
Suggested Sound: Jabo's Direct Sound 1.6
Known Issues:
(None) Nothing beats this old classic.

1964 runs this game just as great as Project, but was too lazy to ever put it as an alternative, or even a suggested. Usually I just choose whichever emulator seems to be more stable than the other, but usually there is no difference so I put them in random order because it really doesn't matter which is chosen. But your idea has merit. Over time I will make it very thorough, but i may have to break it into more pages :p

It can get pretty laggy on old machines once you start getting to the bottom of the list.