What's new

Most accurate sound plugin?

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
I'm planning to rip come music of N64 games. I think I'll use the line-in recording option with a real N64 console for it, because the music doesn't sound really well in an emulator (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon). Well, what I want to know is, what sound plugin gives the most accurate sound emulation? I have tried Jabo's Directsound (latest), but it doesn't emulate all instruments in the music.

So, only sound is important for this little project of me. :whistling

Thanks in advance.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Are instruments still missing when using the interpreter mode of jabo's rsp plugin ? Maybe the emulator will be too slow unless the sound plugin support a sound log option, in which case it doesn't matter if it's slow or not... hmm, i don't remember if any sound plugin support, i never had to use such option.

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Well, I changed the RSP settings to Recompiler, but it has the same results. Also, the option 'Send audio lists to audio plugin' gives no sound at all for me. I'm using Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 as audio plugin in Project64 (latest). And yes, it has a sound recording function (it can record to .wav)

Check here for a sample mp3 with a part of a tune that's played incorrectly.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It's most probably a core problem... There are chances it'll work in the next mupen64 release.