What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Models modification

Haiku2nd

I would like to know if there is any way to take models from roms and modify them n'or exange them with some others if its possible please help me to it..and i didnt knw where to post this so feel free to re-direct my thread if it isnt at the right place.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can only extract them, but not inject them back into the ROM. One plugin can extract models, but I forgot which one it was...

Datadayne

I believe you need to use nemu64 and a specific plugin to extract modes.

And what about moding them without extracting anything as that yet?

I dont believe that is possible, not at the moment.

Clements

Orkin came up with a way to use TruForm a long time ago. That is the closest you will get.

Im Bored

lol@censors
on the simple basis that I hate people saying its impossible, I'm posting

its not impossible and its not perfect but as I say, its doable.

I did it here:
http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=29150&page=2&highlight=backyard
scroll down to the last post for a more visible illustration of it done, its just a shame some posts like that get ignored because its not zelda/mario or SSB.

and I've done it on Zelda (put the triforce on the pedestal thing, but pictures evade me.)

All you do is edit the models code, point by point. The models are called in and stored as vertex data, luckily, so near the end of the code you get model data. Its a case of finding whats what. Data is stored XXXX YYYY ZZZZ ---- --JJ KKLL RRGG BBAA

Where J, K, L are X, Y, Z on UV mapping co-ords respectively, R, G, B, A is Red, green, blue, alpha on colour data and X, Y, Z relates to its physical space.

I THINK thats it, from best of my memory. I know XYZ and RGBA are presented like that although I think RGBA might have been padded at the end or something. I dont know, its been years but you'll easily pick it up.

THEN, you just need to edit the model bit by bit (very long but you get to eventually see it in your head point for point. Its a bit like the matrix, haha.)

To put your edit in the game you can either use a lot of Gameshark instructions (normally,"if Xmodel is loaded at Xpoint, this line is written") but me and a mate were working on a recoding tool that'd read and write to pointers. But we both lost interest after a while, it was only No Mercy and we've got jobs to work to.

So basically its not impossible, don't say that it is, but its long winded and will require a little bit of extra innovation from the maker. Good luck

(edit: I did have a help with No Mercy given that I knew where the actors were loaded, and knew where their pointers to model data were. This is no big deal - you can easily find these in any other N64 game. I found them in Zelda, Mario... all N64 games are the same as they ran off a unified gfx code.)

Vanit

I think there's been some miscommuncation in objectives here. The original poster seemed to be interested in putting something in the game that wasn't there before; by either updating a model or adding a new one. While I admit its not impossible, its tedious to the point that no one will bother to do it.

Now, what you guys have linked are edits of the game. Level editing and text editing can be done by replacing and changing code thats already there. But you won't be able to add an additional level that wasn't there before.

I'm pretty sure the OP was thinking of doing something like importing Mario models into Zelda, which although isn't *impossible*, I'd say its tedious to the point of impracticality, thus impossible.