What's new

Missing ROM screen, can't pause, and freezes!

Ace Alabama

PJ64 Member
Hey, I can't see the ROM selection screen, and when I play games, I can't go into the start menu, it just freezes!

Read my profile for system information!

Iconoclast

Oh, come, now.

Operating System:
Windows© XP 2002 Home 5.1, Build 2600

CPU:
Intel Celeron© Я CPU 2.80GHz

Video Card:
Intel© Я 82865G Graphics Controller

Sound Card:
SoundMAX© Digital Audio

Memory:
512MB of ЯAM

Other System Details:
New & fast like Epona
Hey, I can't see the ROM selection screen, and when I play games, I can't go into the start menu, it just freezes!
By "ROM selection screen," I assume you mean what is called the ROM Browser. Follow these steps, and it should be working again:
  1. Choose the "Settings..." command from the Options menu in Project64.
  2. In the Options tab of the Options dialoge box that comes up, make sure "Hide Advanced Settings" is unchecked, and click OK.
  3. Again, choose the "Settings..." command from the Options menu in Project64.
  4. Now there should be several other tabs in the Options dialoge that comes up. Go to the Directories tab.
  5. Under the ROM Directory setting, make sure you have the target filepath set to the exact directory where you download your ROM files.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Press F5.
Did that help? As for your pause issue, I think that could be the ROM you are playing, not your PC. What game were you playing when that happened? You didn't toy around with the RDB settings, did you? Mess around with Project64"s configuration?