What's new

minimum video card???

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
timmyhawky said:
what is the minimum gfX card 2 get ingame with zelda WW???
You can't really get ingame very far.

timmyhawky said:
it doesn't matter when it is unseeable what happens
Any card will do it really, but if you want to see the game the way is was meant to, I think a GeForce FX 5200 is the lowest. Somebody correct me on this if possible. :\

OP
timmyhawky
yes thX, i know already that you can't come far but ingame: so is tnt2 riva 32mb enough????????????????????????

Clements

Smartshader is what ATi calls their shader technology. Shader Model 2.0 (SM2.0) is a better term meaning PS/VS 2.0.

You can pick up a TNT2 for $17 dollars new these days, so don't expect it to show any graphics or be usable in PC games of the past few years.

Clements

Vile324 and ChaosCode already answered that question. It's even detailed in the help file what graphics card you need, so this thread is totally unnecessary.

Guru64

Minimum system requirements: Nintendo Gamecube
Recommended system requirements: Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Revolution

OP
timmyhawky
Vile324 said:
You can't really get ingame very far.

Any card will do it really, but if you want to see the game the way is was meant to, I think a GeForce FX 5200 is the lowest. Somebody correct me on this if possible. :\
thx
can some1 post a shot ingame with a gforce 5200???
thx

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
timmyhawky said:
thx
can some1 post a shot ingame with a gforce 5200???
thx
They would essentially appear to be the same as these. There's not really preformance specific to any videocard, just the features they support. The 5200 is - well, it's ancient - but it supports the shader model that Dolphin ultilizes.

Trev0r

Vile324 said:
They would essentially appear to be the same as these. There's not really preformance specific to any videocard, just the features they support. The 5200 is - well, it's ancient - but it supports the shader model that Dolphin ultilizes.

Nope, the geforce fx series do support ps2.0 but it's not complete. I would avoid these cards.

Get a geforce 6600gt or better. It's not like the only thing you use is dolphin right? If you have the money I would get the geforce 7800gt http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130256 289$ right now. Infact I'm going to buy it myself. I will never go past the 400$ price on a videocard ever, and I would never get a pos either and get something that will last atleast a year(I mean being able to play later games)
If you don't have a Pci-e mobo upgrade god damnit! Save some money and don't buy a pos is my advice.

It's like, why keep buying incandecent light bulbs instead of just spending a little more and be more future proof with the florescent swirly bulbs that will last a zillion times longer and take less power(not really the case for video cards lol power)

OP
timmyhawky
i do that already for the nintendo revolution so i can buy one @ the release day
but i have already enough money so i can too start saving for a card, but then i have a revolution... without games

Last edited:

Guru64

LalaKSlayer said:
You sure helped a lot in this thread...
I know. =P But my point is...

1) Getting new hardware for your PC for an emulator that is slow, buggy and incompatible with most games is stupid.
2) Getting old harware for your PC is perhaps even more stupid, since you'll have to upgrade again in no time anyway.
3) Getting hardware for your PC to run an emulator that plays games crappy is stupid, while there is hardware that does the same way faster and cheaper.

So... yeah.

No offense to the Dolphin team, programming is hard and programming an emulator is perhaps even harder. You guys do a great job and I'm sure that Gamecube games can be played on a PC. I'm just sick of all these n00bs coming in and asking how to play Gamecube games on your PC.