What's new

Mickey's SW USA Texture alignment probs.

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Hi there,

I have some problems with Mickey's Speedway USA in PJ64 1.5. In 1.5 beta things were OK, but in 1.5 the road and other scenery is only half-visible. In 1.5 beta I could resolve this problem by enabling Force Depth compare/enable. In 1.5 these options won't help.

When I use Jabo's D3D 7 1.40 (from PJ64 1.5beta) in PJ64 1.5 I got the problem that there are portions sticking out of the character's heads. I've attached some screenshots. The first is from PJ64 1.5 with Jabo's D3D 6 1.5.

The second screenshot shows PJ64 1.5 with Jabo's D3D 7 1.4 (with Force Depthcompare/enable on).

I hope some experienced user knows a solution for this. For the rest PJ64 is awesome, but when I do have a problem this is the place to ask it eh? ;)

returno

bad rom or graphics card memory

I don't have this problem (see screenie).

Note that you are missing the tail pipes on the cars as well as the road. My guess: bad rom. Did you check it with the 'good' tool (see faq)?

Another possibility: your graphics card doesn't have enough memory (see faq for suggestions).

Ar-1

newbie " but I Think I could Help"

Just Change your setting in the game I shown below
and you won't have a problem
hopefully :blush:

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Yah, thanks for the help, but it is indeed the 1.4 plugin. I need to fix the problem in the Jabo's D3D6 1.5 plugin. :blush:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I think you'll be able to fix it by setting your CF to 2. It is most likely set higher. Extra polygons is the number 1 problem caused by a high CF setting.

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Ah thanks Khan Artist, I'll try it out at home. :thumbsup:

OP
jelbo

jelbo

It doesn't work.. But I actually need to fix problems with the Jabo's 1.5 plugin (see first picture). Anyone has this game running OK? :(

returno

jelbo said:
It doesn't work.. But I actually need to fix problems with the Jabo's 1.5 plugin (see first picture). Anyone has this game running OK? :(

Did you miss seeing my screenshot? That is PJ1.5 with all the default plug-ins and all the default settings. This game works nearly perfectly. I've played it extensively (it isn't the best game in the world, but it is reasonably fun - except for the annoying Disney character voices repeating the same stupid things over and over).

Again: Did you check your ROM with the 'good' tool (see faq)?

I have had bad roms with missing or extra polygons or textures. That is what this looks like to me. If the ROM is bad, it just looks bad in different ways in different versions of the plug-ins.

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Oh, I indeed missed your screen in my hurry (at school). I checked my ROM with GoodN64 ofcourse, and it's 100% OK ((U)_[!], see screenshot). MSWUSA did work properly in Pj64 1.4, but not in 1.5. Could you post a screenshot of your graphics setting in 1.5 with Jabo's default 1.5 plugin? I've got all things on default, CF set to 2, and Triple buffering instead of Transfer Memory (Changing this won't help either).

Many thanks and I await your reply.

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Hmm.. I'm still having problems playing Mickey's Speedway.. I really want to play this game properly.

I'll attach some screenies now, after some research with different settings and plugins.

The first one is taken from:

Project64 1.5 Final
Jabo's Direct3D 6 1.5
Default settings

The road is constantly flickering while textures appear and disappear.

OP
jelbo

jelbo

This one is taken from:

Project64 1.5 Final
Jabo's Direct3D 6 1.5
With setting 'Disable Internal Geometry' checked

The flickering problem is gone, but now there are ugly polygons sticking out of the characters, the powerups are invisible, and some sprites are placed wrong (the hand from the clock).

OP
jelbo

jelbo

This one is taken from:

Project64 1.5 Final
Jabo's Direct3D 7 1.4
With setting 'Geometry Transforms' set to 'External' or 'Automatic' (they give the same effect).

It results in the ugly polygons sticking out of characters thing, lost powerups and some transparency errors in the scenery (check the buildings).

OP
jelbo

jelbo

The last one is taken from:

Project64 1.5 Final
Jabo's Direct3D 7 1.4
With setting 'Geometry Transforms' set to 'Internal'.

It results in the same thing as with Jabo's D3D6 1.5 with the default settings; road constantly flickering while textures appear and disappear.

So;

JD3D6 1.5 Default:
flickerings textures

JD3D6 1.5 DisableInternalGeometry:
polygon problems

JD3D7 1.4 GeometryTransforms=External/Automatic:polygon problems

JD3D7 1.4 GeometryTransforms=Internal:
flickering textures

I must also say that the option 'Force Depth Enable' does work for Jabo's D3D7 1.4 in Project64 1.5 beta, but I really want to play this game in PJ64 1.5 final with Jabo's D3D6 1.5. :blush:

Idonex

Project64 1.5 Final
Jabo's Direct3D 6 1.5
Default settings
ATi Radeon 8500 64Mb
MICKEY USA PAL (U) [!]

Oh by the way, the game refuses to load if i try and use the D3D 7 1.4 plugin. It hard locks PJ64 and i have to use Task Manager to shut it down.

I get the same problem as you (this is with D3D 6 1.5):

Last edited:
OP
jelbo

jelbo

Hmm, maybe it's an ATi Radeon problem only. Which drivers are u using? I use Plutonium XP drivers, from Driverheaven (See my sig).

Are there non-ati user that experience the same problems?