What's new

Metroid Prime's AGSC File

Mr. Quiggles

I'm looking for Metroid Prime sound effects (beams, charging, charge combo's, etc.) and I looked EVERYWHERE for ways to convert/open .AGSC files from the AudioGrp.pak to play them back. Audacity just plays back a screeching sound, and slowing it down by 100% makes it sound like whales in the one .AGSC that's for weapons.

Any way to convert/extract/open/play-back these files?

Myuutsuu

forever.
Seconding this request. Was about to make a topic about it, but saw this one floating around. Ran around Google, and found some talk of AGSC here - but that's about as far as it got. Trying to listen to the sfx in a program like GoldWave doesn't produce anything, nor does vgmstream support AGSC files. Too bad there's no secret sound test to listen to these files in the game.

dy32light

I'd like to third this request. What I know is this: each AGSC file seems to be a group of sound effects, rather than just one audio stream. Beyond that, I don't know, and I am incapable of figuring out.

antidote

I'm not experienced with audio hacking, but that doesn't stop me from attempting to figure it out, I'll take a look at it.