What's new

Metroid Prime CMDL Viewer (still working on it however)

HyperIris

I try to display the model too, but....

yes, I got the vertex, and draw "POINT".

but, if I draw D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP, all wrong...

Last edited:

Sercio

First Mario Galaxy and now Metroid... I like how the Wii also uses old engines :)
NICE news Sarah!!! Will your viewer also include a filebrowser and "quick" view feature without extracting 100 things before?

OP
SarahHarp

SarahHarp

The only thing you have to extract is the gcm/wii image. Once you have a pak, that's all it needs. It does real time decompression, and has it's own texture conversions.

MP3 Files are different than the other two games, so it's not the exact same old engine, but close ;)

thakis

HyperIris, looks like you're simply sending the raw vertex data as tristrips. There's separate tristrip informatio somewhere in the file which you have to use.

HyperIris

HyperIris, looks like you're simply sending the raw vertex data as tristrips. There's separate tristrip informatio somewhere in the file which you have to use.

Thanks!

I think there are index data streams, but I haven't found.

or group info? I'm not sure.

this model file is large, I should try a small one first.

antidote

Thakis, Sarah Nice to see you guys again. Sarah awesome job on your viewer, I know it's frowned upon but can some pm me the directions on how to rip Images from the wii console? I have MP1-3 and I really want to see the models hidden in the images that weren't in the actual game (mainly trying to see if the old Power Suit is in the MP3 image).

OP
SarahHarp

SarahHarp

There's no old Power Suits in the MP3 image. Only Varia, and PEDs.
You open pak files using the pak dumper floating somewhere around this forum.

antidote

ahh oh well <.<, anyway I need to get the Images off my DVD's before i can do that <.< and i Don't have the money at the moment for an LG dvd burner >.> (just bought a philips DVD-RAM drive(YAY CONCENTRIC CIRCLES))

OP
SarahHarp

SarahHarp

My mistake. I thought by pac you meant pak.
But if the file type in question was not even related metroid, why did you ask me how to open them?

I do like Brawl, and once the NTSC version is released, I'll have a look at the pac file structure (they're most likely just some sort of archiving format).

girrrtacos

My mistake. I thought by pac you meant pak.
But if the file type in question was not even related metroid, why did you ask me how to open them?

I do like Brawl, and once the NTSC version is released, I'll have a look at the pac file structure (they're most likely just some sort of archiving format).

I asked you because someone in another thread reccomended it.

And, sounds good!

Linkdu83

Hello !

I'm working on a Metroid Prime remake -> Metroid Prime 2D : click here
(sorry if my MP remake is in french, but I'm french ...)
And I need of your Metroid Prime Viewer for make my sprites ...
How can I have this viewer ?
I really need your help ...

Thanks !

MarkGrass

@SarahHarp -

I may have some information that could be useful for your model viewer, perhaps not.

I found some authentic DOL executable MAP(s) that were left on the MP Trial Edition disc. I submitted them to hcs@Halley's Comet Software, and he was able to use the information in the MAP(s) to add a certain audio filetype to a WinAmp plugin called "in_cube" - the MAP(s) detailed that some files were compressed with Sun's(?) g.721 compression algorithm.

Perhaps they can somehow help with your model viewer?

http://markgrass.the-horror.com/MP1_DOL_MAP.rar

Last edited:

Lavarider

SarahHarp, I would like to ask a small favor of you. I desperately need a model of the Quadraxis boss in MP2 for a personal endeavor I am working on. I own the game, have an extracted ISO, and just need the model. Could you please extract the model and send it to my email address? It is [email protected]. Please help me here-I seriously need it soon, and no, before you ask, my intention is not to release the model online for anyone to download.

AllenSword

Hi. I'm having a problem with the Metroid Prime decompresser for .pak files. I drag the .pak file to the program, and it pops up and says failed to decompress such and such. Can anyone help me?

mariokart64n

See if you can guess what game it's from:
newexport2xx.th.png

This is probly as far as this viewer is going to get ... I just wanted that model, hehe.

yay finally PN03's vanessa ^_^
(sorry couldn't resist to post something that has no benefit to anyone else)
246p4kw.jpg