What's new

Mega Man 64 cutscene problem

Glitcher

No, this is not another one of those my-screen-stays-black-forever threads. I have a problem with the sound during cutscenes. The graphics constantly lag behind the dialogue, so everything is out of sync. Yet PJ64 runs smoothly at 60fps. I tried enabling "Sync game to audio" in the audio plugin settings, but that didn't change anything. From what I've seen here, I can't believe no one else has run into this problem before. Any advice?

Windows XP SP2
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
SoundMAX Digital Audio
512MB of RAM

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Which plug in are you using? If it's the default, might I recommend using the one I'm using (compare my stats to yours)... you should be having no real problem... though you are using integrated graphics. I think for the video, you need to go for the Jabo3D6 version, not 3D8. That could help with the sync issues. Worth a shot.

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

I already tried switching video plugins, but it had no effect. Like I said, the strange thing is that the graphics desyncs with the audio, despite the fact that the emulation runs at 60fps. :smurf: <= (for lack of a better smilie)

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

That didn't change anything either. I also tried lowering my hardware acceleration from "Full Acceleration" to "No Acceleration" in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool sound tab. Again, no change. :(

Tre

Oops. Died again.
Lowering the hardware acceleration shouldn't help your problem... I wouldn't have changed it. One thing you can try is to hit F4 and see if your game starts to go insane amounts of fast. If so, then switch to "Sync to audio" (game speed should revert to normal, even though the FPS cap is now off). This helped me before, but in Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2, I don't think there IS an option for audio sync. I'd say try switching audio plugins until you find one that works for you, and DO switch the video plug in to match the 3D6, not 3D8 (because you ARE using integrated graphics).

Your audio processor could be causing the problem, but it's not likely.

Last thing, did you download the new Rom Data Base and overwrite the old one that comes with PJ64? The old RDB did have issues to it.

Speyeker

I'm having the exact same problem, and I can't take it anymore. I haven't implemented any of the suggestions posted in this topic yet, although I do have the latest RDB, I know that for sure.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Hmm, I don't remember having this issue... I may have been using different plugins (like Rice Video or Azimer's Audio) but I don't remember it was a while back. And as mentioned above, If you use Jabo's Audio Plugin, make sure you try with Sync to Audio on. It's a per game setting. This is an important one, I urge you try it before anything more drastic.