What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

MasterPhW's F1 World Grand Prix 2 High Resolution Project

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey there.
I started this project back in 2008 (that's the reason the license screen still says 2008, will fix that in future releases) and had it on halt for the last 3 years, because the only real place for high resolution textures (EmuTalk) was dying... Now after ET is back, 1964video and 1964 are developed in multiple forks and the retexture scene is still nearly dead, I decided to pick it up again and continue it, to show there's still a lot potential in unretextured and untried games.
That's the reason I decided to retexture F-1 World Grand Prix II ((E) (M4) [!]). It's one of the best Formula 1 games I ever played and one of the best N64 racers aswell. Its gfx tries to recreate an authentic feel of the F1 feeling, but its old and blurry textures can't create a believable atmosphere anymore.
So I started to replace all texture with high quality "real" ones. Most textures are a minimal 4x recreation of the original textures (I started when only 4x was available) but some are already a 8x or 16x recreation.
So what do I have already? 432 (;)) files, 5,57MB RARed (appr. 20MB unpacked), mostly for the vehicles. You can check them in detail in the gallery mode (just rename Driver Williams to Driver Panorama to unlock gallery mode in the main menu). The N64 and the license screen are retextured aswell.
There's a little menu test aswell, but in the end my first release is just a preview to give you a little insight in my old new project. ;)
bannerovp.png

Unreleased current Status:
  • Textures: 510 Textures and growing (+ >40 Alternative Textures to modify the game after YOUR preferences!)
  • Vehicle advertisement logos: 40%
  • Big screens: 20% (first two screens, N64 + license)
  • Cigarette advertisement recreation: 20%
    (Williams -> Winfield +High Res Williams
    Benetton -> Mild Seven (Ingame Colors&Reallife Colors) + High Res Benetton)
  • Menus: 1% (German test file for main menu)
  • Courses: 1% (Melbourne signboards and a few details like the audience)
  • Additional details to the cars: 1% (additional bolts at the Jordan atm)
  • Driver details: 1% (new Ferrari helmet)
  • Skybox replacements: 0%
  • Font replacements: 0%

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Preview Download:
Rapidshare
Megaupload
Mediafire
Preview includes:
  Spoiler:
  • vehicle advertisements: 30%
  • big screens: 20% (first two screens, N64 + license)
  • cigarette advertisement recreation: 10% (replaced Williams with Winfield, but also included original Williams High res textures, for all who wants to stay to the original game instead of being realistic)
  • menus: 1% (German test file for main menu)
  • courses: 1% (Melbourne signboards and a few details like the audience)
  • driver details: 1% (new Ferrari helmet)

I've tested it with the gfx plugins GlideWX R96, 1964Video R90 and MyGlide (of 1964mod 1.41 (Beta)) and all three 1964 builds: 1964mod/Ultrafast and 1964-emu.

Waiting for critic, praise and opinions!

Last edited:
P

Pokemaniacs

I click on your spoiler but there is no image(blank).
Also, can you upload to say mediafire because I can never download from Rapidshare or Megaupload. :(

It would be good if you re-texture the sky because it looks nice in image01 but there is a plain blue patch in image02. It seems the sky moves faster than the race car causing the ugly texture which I was told is normal (re-texture would help).

Image01 - before race car moves
  Spoiler:

Image02 - after race car moves
  Spoiler:

Last edited:
OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

I can't understand, why you don't see my images. Did you blocked imageshack with your ad-blocker?
I've also uploaded my preview pack to mediafire to please all users, that can't download from rapidshare or megaupload.
The skybox will be replaced aswell in future releases, but to do that, it needs to be dumped first, then sorted and then replaced. So it's still some work. ;)

P

Pokemaniacs

I can't understand, why you don't see my images. Did you blocked imageshack with your ad-blocker?
I've also uploaded my preview pack to mediafire to please all users, that can't download from rapidshare or megaupload.
The skybox will be replaced aswell in future releases, but to do that, it needs to be dumped first, then sorted and then replaced. So it's still some work. ;)

That is weird. Isn't it better to upload to ET and then attach it in your post?
Just a suggestion. I did it on my post and it works well.
Downloading from mediafire - it died @75% and now downloading doesn't even start.
Oh well. :eek:

Last edited:
OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

Does anyone knows the attached advertisement?
I try to recreate all ads as close as possible, but I never saw that ad before so I can't do anything!?
Some new features include woody woodpecker on the Willams F1, completely reorganisation of my complete pack (teams with their logos instead of logos in their own folder), The Jordan Buzzin Hornets and more. :)
Coming along very well.
Did anyone tried it yet?

I've also uploaded an Image of my Texture selection feature.*
Because of the license problems in some countries the F1 teams had to replace their cigarette advertisments with placeholders. Often it was the teamname or some other replacement.
I decided to retexture the placeholders with the original real life cigarette brands to give a more authentic feel. But I also included the replacements with high res replacements and you can decide which texture you want to use. :)
Hope it's a nice new feature and afaik it wasn't used before.

* The textures in this preview don't present the current texture progress, because they are resized and cropped low quality copies of the replacement textures.

Attachments

• ventixa.PNG
    ventixa.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 432
  • Texture Decision.PNG
    Texture Decision.PNG
    164.2 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

fernan1234

Well I've never been a fan of racing games, so I don't think I'll be trying this one (although the cars do look nice), but I commend your efforts in keeping the texturing scene alive.

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

Well I've never been a fan of racing games, so I don't think I'll be trying this one (although the cars do look nice), but I commend your efforts in keeping the texturing scene alive.
Thank you for your honest opinion and the accolade for my work!
It's always nice to get some response in exchange for screens, features and work. :)

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Thank you for your honest opinion and the accolade for my work!
It's always nice to get some response in exchange for screens, features and work. :)

I don't like bumping buried threads, but I really am interested in seeing how this project is going. Does anyone know? Would be nice to see all the tobacco sponsors intact on both the circuits and the cars.

Cheers!