What's new

Mario Kart 64

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I was reading the RDB and I noticed for mario kart this was mentioned:

In Multiplayer, why does Player1 have no audio?
This may be how the game is on the real system - only Player2 has sound effects (uncomfirmed?).

I was playing Mario Kart 64 the other day 4 player at a friends house, on an actual N64. player 1 and 3 had no sound effects at all, while player 2 and player 4 did. We didn't try 3 players, so I'm not sure if it is just in 4 player mode. In Project64, I hear sound with all players. I haven't played multi on the emulator enough to determine if the sound goes out on it as well. It may just be a random issue with the game. I may be way off on all this, but maybe someone else can confirm this as well.

Edit: I thought about it after I posted... I should have posted this in the RDB forum. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Shadowfox506

ok I know what you are talking about. When I was 8 I notice it to. yes that is right. The real mario kart did the same thing. If you play it on your TV on the N64 you will find the same thing.

Psythik

My guess is that your friend doesn't have his N64 hooked up properly or has a bad RGB cable. Since players 1 and 3 are on the left side of the screen, their sound effects are supposed to come out of the left speaker, and players 2 and 4 are on the right side and should come out of the right speaker. Chances are that your friend has a mono TV and therefore only has one speaker cable plugged in. If that's the case, then by going into the game's options and changing the sound to mono you should then hear the sound effects from all four players.

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
^^^ I have a mono TV & i've just tested it & your right, sometimes the too obvious escape us lol