What's new

"Mario 3D" SNES PROTOTYPE ROM FINALLY FOUND! w00t!

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Some fairly exciting news for old time SNES fans, I found this while hunting through "the usual places". Before anyone asks, yes I've played it. :p
Attached is the talkGC .nfo file as a .doc (emutalk attach don't like .nfo) because the damn idiots text wouldn't align correctly when quoted, but I have removed all information that would give away how to obtain it. Techincally fascinating to see this one finally playable. Open with wordpad or similar. You can always rename it to .nfo and it all straightens out again... If someone wants to clean it up and requote it feel free of course. I'm lazy and it's late ;). A few others among you have probably tried it by now or know where to get it.
And in advance... DO NOT PM ME ASKING FOR THE ROM. YOU WILL NOT GET IT.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
False of course, SNES was not so powerfull enough for a game like this and even if the game was real it would have a custom chip (not emulated of course) to do all the hard work...

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Well, yes it was an April Fool's joke. :p
That damn fake .nfo was a work of poorly-spelled warez genius that just wouldn't cooperate though. Still as long as it got a few of you.

Regardless, the SNES must have been powerful enough as at one point it *did* have a very early prototype of Mario 64 developed for it, though sadly not much is known about it other than that it existed around '95. :(

Clements

You had me for about 15 minutes - I was frantically trying to find it using every single trick I had until I realised what the date was :p

2fast4u

the superfx chip was capable of handling polygons (as seen in starwing and stuntrace fx) so i wouldnt say it was entirely impossible. nice april 1st joke nonetheless.

Toasty

Sony battery
Ack! This is the 2nd April fools I've fallen for today and here it's only been April 1st for three hours. Blasted time zones!

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Given the 208 views, I'm sure you weren't the only ones. In fact who want's to bet some of them are still hunting as we speak? ;)

Now, everyone go change that file to .nfo and open with wordpad. Bonus to everyone who spots all the giveaway references within. ;)

Last edited:

jamesyfx

2fast4u said:
the superfx chip was capable of handling polygons (as seen in starwing and stuntrace fx) so i wouldnt say it was entirely impossible. nice april 1st joke nonetheless.

Heh, I cant beleive I still used to play Stunt Race FX all the time. I try and play it now but I can't.. my eyes bleed after like a minute. :p