Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have preferences, but I'm a Mac OSX User and I'm satisfied with it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use these 3, and I have nothing to complain about one or other

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Miretank

Lurking
Since we're having such good discussions about OSes and all, I thought it would be cool to have a poll thread.
Here you'll can say why you love and X and hate Y, or why do prefer Y.
Note that are MANY options - but not all options says what you think. So, please vote and explain your vote. :)

Speak up your minds people. ;)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I use Windows XP primarily because of it's compatibility with most things that I want to use. I also use Mac OSX, because I also need to run some programs on Mac.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
At last - at thread which has a purpose towards OS's in general...! I choose windows because I like it. I'm not even going to attempt to deny it - It does everything I want - it runs extremely fast, it plays my games, it runs my music what more could I want.

I must say though I prefered Dos over Windows 3.11.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I like Windows for the same reasons as ScottJC. I certainly have nothing against Linux and other alternative OSes, but I even try Linux, I'm going to get another HDD first.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I have tried Linux on several occasions, even to do the most mundane of tasks I had to compile crap, and half the time even that didn't work - I found the whole thing most unpleasent - Linux is by far the most un-userfriendly OS I have ever come accross and this is why it fails. It still baffles me how people can stand to use it on a daily basis. Oh well - to each their own.

and to be quite frank: I couldn't care less who has my money - the devil or the angel. As long as the product does what I desire. This is a reason I also love my Intel although everyone loves their AMD's equally as much. Corporations are awesome.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
I'm a Linux/Windows dual-booter. I love open-source and am very interested in Linux (and I'm not too fond of Microsoft), but like was said above, even doing the simplest things can turn into a huge chore on Linux. If I could actually get a Linux system that worked consistently enough for me to get all the software installed on it that I wanted, Wine and Cedega would probably be enough to keep the gamer in me happy. For now though, using Linux is just too frustrating for me to do on an everyday basis when all I want to do is relax and play a game.

BlueFalcon7

Jaz said:
Anyone looking forward to Vista?
THe Beta is already available for downloading, Unfortunately I cant tell where to get it, I dont recomend it, wait for it to release.

I also hate Mac, I perfer building My computer.

WhiteX

I use Windows for the sake of gaming, if someone released smth faster for gaming, i´d go with it.

BoggyB

Various versions of Windows (the pain!), the Slackware distro (the pain, the pain!) and PalmOS 3.5 (ahhhhh...).

smcd

No option for "I use windows at home because 'it just works' (most of the time) and use linux at work because it's better suited for some things" :p I have Windows XP Pro at the house and use VMWare to play with linux and other OS's inside of it and at work I use linux. Not really ever used a Mac though we have a couple at work... maybe someday I'll get one.

Allnatural

I use Windows 'cause it works; does what I need it to do. I intend to tinker with Linux one of these days though...

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I use windows for games. I use Ubuntu and work because it's damn fast on old hardware. I use OSx86 as my primary work system at home, and watch videos on my Windows system.

I use all three and am proficient with them, I prefer OS X atm because its quick and sexy and sleek. I have nothing against any, they all serve a purpose, but I likes me some OS X.

Blacklord

Banned
I use windows becouse they are the winning side :D. No actually i am looking forward to a mac/windows dualboot. But did anyone notice that in the poll there was only "Windows is a crap OS"? XD

Slougi

I use Linux myself, Kubuntu to be specific. It just works ;) Gave me less hassle while installing than Windows on the same machine. I prefer Linux because of a few reasons. First, KDE just kicks ass, it beats the Windows desktop 100-0. Second, no need for virus scanners. Third, it's a better programming environment. Fourth, it's all open; I can dig as deeply into the system as I want. :cat:

P.S. The opinions expressed in this post are my own. They do not reflect the official opinion of Emutalk. If you disagree with anything I have stated here, stop using computers immediately.