What's new

Look What I Got

rcgamer

the old guy
Just came today, finally.
my new msi 6600gt. I also got 1 gig of Kingston dual channel pc3200 memory.
heres some screens, check out the software bundle you get with the card. Uru, xiii, pop sot, 12 in one gamepack , others.
Sorry for the large file size.

edit-actually the 12 in one is a 14 in one demo dvd. it has splintercell, invisible war, divine divinity, black hawk down, american conquest, beach life, commanche 4, destination berlin, etherlords 2, heaven and hell, typhoon rising, il 2 sturmovik, praetorians, and yager. not too shabby.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heh, if only I had shown off my 19" LCD monitor and radeon x800pro with my own thread.. everyone else does...

I do like XIII though, you got that.. you should enjoy that.

Congrats.

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I would like to hear your opinion of this card. I'm going to get the 6600GT or the 6800NU, and the price difference here is quite hefty, so I would like to know how this card performs.

OP
rcgamer

rcgamer

the old guy
well, so far all the games i have played i can max out the settings and play flawlessly. granted i dont play halflife 2 . I can tell you the difference between this and my old 5200fx in halo is ridiculously good. with the 5200 i got stutters (but in its defense the game was still playable). with the 6800 the game flies. especially when you up your refresh rate and set it to vsync. i figure since this game uses lots of shaders its a good way to judge.
3dmark 03 scores are in the mid 8000's and o5 scores are over 4000 . im sure if i cared to tweak i could do much better but i have never been one to use benchmarking as a good indicator, i like to see how the games play.
anyway i am more than satisfied with it. plus with all the free games and software this one is a great deal.
BTW heres a link to the one i got.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-150&depa=1

clock speeds are stock at 500 core and 900 on memerory. but using nvtweak im at 560Mhz and 1.06Ghz and thats just using the auto optimize.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I love my 6800NU if it helps, i got the XFX, and can play DOOM 3 at high detail wiht 1024 x 786.

Clements

Technically, the 6600GT and 6800 are very close in performance at stock, with the 6800 having a slight edge when AA is enabled in 12x10 and above. The 6600GT has a slightly larger fill rate than a 6800 at stock (4000 Vs. 3900), but has much less memory bandwidth (14.4-16.0GB/s Vs. 22.4GB/s).

An unlocked 6800 or 6800LE to 16pp, 6vp pulls away from the 6600GT and approaches the 6800GT in performance, however, unlocking masked units with Rivatuner is not risk-free, and you may not be able to activate the masked pipelines anyway.

In the UK, it looks like the 6600GT is the better value for money if you discount unlocking piplines in the 6800. Tough choice, but both are great.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
I have a 6800GT myself, I can crank every single option up and only be held back by my CPU, great card

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Yeah, I can give the same feedback as Sheik. The 6800 GT is an awesome card. if you've got the money, I'd go for it over the standard 6800, which is very watered down. For only a $100 more, the GT has 256mb and 16 pipelines. OC'd (especially the BFG cards, they overclock very well), it's comparable to the Ultra.

Slougi

DuDe said:
I would like to hear your opinion of this card. I'm going to get the 6600GT or the 6800NU, and the price difference here is quite hefty, so I would like to know how this card performs.
I got a Leadtek 6600 GT for 191€. I have to say I'm very satisfied. I am severely CPU limited though (Duron 1200) but that's a huge upgrade from my old Radeon 9200. Most importantly for me, the Linux drivers for nvidia cards are incredible compared to ati :)
But so far on windows it's running everything fine. Been enjoying splinter cell pandoras tomorrow at 1024x768 maxed out :)
I was worried about noise (previously all my vidcards were passively cooled) but I don't notice any difference. And I sleep about 2m away from the PC, it being on 24/7.