What's new

Like quality entertainment? Go see "Serenity".

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
/begin whoring film.
Really. If you're even a vague fan of sci-fi-esque stuff or just want to see something highly entertaining, well acted, clever and extremely funny for a change, wander on down to your local CinemaTheatreFilmMovieComplexyPlace and go watch "Serenity".
It has Characters! It has space ships! It has an insane semi-psychic genius chick who can convincingly kick serious ass! It has guns! And yes, it has a PLOT! What's not to like? :icecream:
First 9 minutes (which oddly barely feature any of the aforementioned, or even the main cast) online at;

http://video.vividas.com/CDN1/3929_Serenity/web/index.html
/end whoring great film

Jakob

evil *******
/me kicks stalkid in the ass for being late to the party, I've been saying firefly(the cancelled tv show serenity is based on) kicks ass for years now;P

And yes, tiny chick, yet she actually moves convincelingly, bloody hatchet anyone?:D

CKemu

It's certainly a damn fine film, though never saw the series, didn't affect my viewing pleasure :D

Jaz

Ex-Mod
My girlfriend wants to see it, so we'll probably go tonight.

I liked the bit in the trailer when he goes "do you want to run this ship?!"

"Yeah"

"Well... you... can't!"

:D

CKemu

Allnatural said:
CKemu: Could you increase the height of your sig image by a few thousand pixels please? ;)

I'd love to, alas it's taken from a music video: Ayumi Hamasaki - Fairyland, though attached a few pics ;)

Firefly, it was only what? 1 series 15 episodes or something, and perhaps a extended 'end of series' show..?

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
It's just a pity the UK TV adverts are frankly "teh suck" but meh... This is why people who've seen the film and `got it` really do need to encourage people to go out and see it. My local CinemaTheatreFilmMovieComplexyPlace decided to only show it on the smallest cinema screen (which feels like a giant cupboard with a really big tv at one end) which didn't help but oddly, didn't harm the experience one bit.

The 50-100 people who ventured in (tiny, tiny cinematheatre screen) all seemed to have a great time and many seemed to be planning at least a second viewing. There were one or two extremely minor things that perhaps only the Firefly fan would pick up on but really to anyone else it seemed to hold its own surprisingly well. Everyone got the jokes, followed the plot and I have no doubt will be quoting the film for days. ;)
I look forward to hearing more from any non-Firefly fans on that subject.

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
CKemu said:
I'd love to, alas it's taken from a music video: Ayumi Hamasaki - Fairyland, though attached a few pics ;)

Firefly, it was only what? 1 series 15 episodes or something, and perhaps a extended 'end of series' show..?
There were 14 episodes made, though not all were broadcast originally iirc and the "extended" show you mention was actually intended to air first and really could be watched as a movie in itself. Since it introduced all the pretty complex characters and the universe they inhabit, showing it last and the rest of the episodes out of order in a bad time slot understandably can't have helped people trying to pick up on the series. Hence it dropped, and for once a show didn't really deserve to.

In fact if you listen out in the cinema before the film starts you'll undoubtedly hear at least a dozen people reference one of the mid-dvd episodes called "Ariel" which is just about the finest piece of TV ever created. All I'll say is if you liked the characters or the dialogue/humour, the DVD boxset is definitely a worthwhile investment.