What's new

Known ROM's marked as unknown

Name: URAMetroid
Date: 11/22/2003
1964 Version (from the 1964 Window's Title Bar): Nineteen64 0.9.9 2003-11-18 PRIVATE

Please specify your system:

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP1
Processor (Examples: Intel Pentium III, AMD K2): Intel Pentium 4
Processor Speed: 1.7GHz
BUS Speed (optional): 400MHz
Amount of Memory: 512MB
Graphics Accelerator Card: ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 64MB
Audio Card: Intergraded AC`97
Others: DirectX 9a

Describe the Problem:
1964's ROM browser displays some ROM's as unknown, in my case, Mario Kart 64 and Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98 are displayed as unknown, even if I replace the .ini and refresh the ROM list.

How to Make this Problem Happen:
I don't know if this happen to anyone else, but for me just start 1964, and look.

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:
Always since 2003-11-09

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:
Annoying

Users note: I'll upload a pic soon.

Edit: 1 pic
guibug.jpg

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Not sure but the unknown roms one may be due to a different rom version. I will explain, a while back we were trying to Netplay me and Gent.

We both had rom versions of Mario Kart (U) with the same CRC1 and CRC2, but netplay kept on insisting I didn't have that file.

Turned out in the end I had Mario Kart (U)(H1)(cartname) something like that (mentioning this just in case).

OP
URAMetroid

URAMetroid

...?
Same ver here with Mario Kart 64 (Mario Kart 64 (U) [h1] (cartname)).
I also downloaded a fresh copy of the ROM_Properties and refreshed my ROM list and now Duke Nukem 64 is also marked as unknown (also an [h1] (cartname) ROM).
But GoodN64 rename's W.G. 3DHOCKEY98 as "Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98 (U) [!]".

Rice

Emulator Developer
This is due to INI bug fixes a few days ago. Duplicated INI entries are deleted from the INI files.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I seem to be having the same issues. I have a complete set of !'s, and it deletes entries for some of the changed versions.