What's new

Jabos Direct 3D plugin

scotty

The Great One
I have recently updated my drivers, and then I tried to use my N64 emulation. I got an error message claiming that the plugin cannot activate my HAL device, and that I need to have a device supporting D3D 6.0. Rices works fine.

I am not sure why my update could have prompted this to hapen. Is this common with ATI Radeons?

Trotterwatch

Yep, it happens to me using any of the (4) series Catalyst drivers, including the latest.

The solution for me is to use 16bit colour desktop, fullscreen in 32bit works fine though last I checked.

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
That did it.

Amazing, I didnt think that a desktop colour from 32 bit to 16 bit would have this problem. I have known of 24 bit causing problems in emulators (ZSNES), but usually 32 and 16 both work good regradless.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Aha, so that's what fixes it. I was wondering why it stopped working... stupid video driver upgrades reset my colors to 32-bit.

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
The only reason that mine did this is because I have always had my colour on 32 bit, now its at 16 bit because of this.

ralphec

im using a radeon 9600xt ... this didnt happen when i had my crappy geforcefx5200... i tried setting my depth to 16bit but i still get the same problem... i have also tried different plugins to no avail. can anyone help