What's new

J-Pop; The tool of Evil?

J-pop is;

• Total voters

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Less useless than it first appears, as I know we have a lot of Anime, Manga and general Japanese craziness fans on here...
So; J-pop. Evil or not?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Stalkid64 said:
Less useless than it first appears, as I know we have a lot of Anime, Manga and general Japanese craziness fans on here...
So; J-pop. Evil or not?

Seriously, what the hell is J-Pop. Are we talking like Yuki Kajiura cause I love her music. She did the .hack series, Noir, Aquarian Age, Shin KOR and several others. She is really a brilliant musician.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Tolerable, at most

EDIT: And thats if by J-Pop you mean things like the ending credits on Inuyasha etc. etc.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
some of it's alright. trance mixes of ayumi hamasaki are sweet =). much of the jpop in anime is pretty annoying actually...

Eagle

aka Alshain
Jaz said:
Translation = Adults that like comics. ;)

Not exactly, Manga and Doujin refer to Japanese Comics. Someone who likes english comics (Marvel, DC, etc.) doesn't fall into this catagory.

blizz

J-Pop is bloody awful. But some of the women are gorgeous.

Yuki Kajiura does do a bit of J-Pop just like Yoko Kanno does as well.

2fast4u

in my book any music genre that contains the word "pop" in it is the plain root of evil. but yeah, j-pop is annoying though blizz makes a good point about the singers.

Last edited:
OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
This all stems from my screwing around with Shoutcast streams via XBox Media Center, finding "Japan-A-Radio" and for some reason finding it absurdly funny and somewhere between annoying and catchy. I spent hours tracking down one song ("Good Bye Natsuo" by Aya Matsuura)... who it also turns out is on the attractive side. Say what you like about it but J-pop does turn up some good things. ;)

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
sheik124 said:
Tolerable, at most

EDIT: And thats if by J-Pop you mean things like the ending credits on Inuyasha etc. etc.
This is the kind of `sound` I mean. Yes there are some damned awful Anime theme tunes out there (owning up my experience of Anime extends to Ranma 1/2, Akira, Blood: The Last Vampire and not much else...)

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I get it. They aren't typical "teen" comics. Not your typical superhero things. They're actually written for adults... heck no parent in their right mind would ever let the kids near a copy of the original Akira manga.
Anyway, let me just enter a SHAMELESS PLUG [t.m.] for the video to that Aya Matsuura song. I would just provide the torrent to it but some of us enjoyed retraining in the fine art of "Google-Fu" recently and would encourage others to do so.

blizz

Ok, much like Monster's Inc and The Incredibles offer something for both children and adults, anime does the same, for example for the younger generation there is Pokemon, Naruto, DBZ, for adults for example, there is Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain and Jin-Roh. There is of course stuff for teens as well, such as Trigun and Berserk.

Also I feel now that is appropriate to point out that Jaz bought the Monster Inc. game for PS2 for himself. Not for his missus or a younger relative. But for himself. For himself I tell you!!

Eagle

aka Alshain
The incredibles was hillarious, I loved it as I do most of the Pixar animation. Its just good to know they are seperating themselves from Disney.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
Also I feel now that is appropriate to point out that Jaz bought the Monster Inc. game for PS2 for himself.

Hey that was a long time ago! ;)

Around the time you were buying those dating games for the GBA. :whistling: