What's new

It's the end of the world as we know it..

Macca

Eagle

aka Alshain
I would watch it but I have this thing against installing crappy video playing software on my computer.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Well... I still have to watch it... but at least I hope that it doesn't suck so much as "Troy"

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I saw troy, I thought it was pretty good actually.

EDIT: Hmm...I was planning on seeing this movie, but now I am thinking otherwise. Why? well, even the most liberal newspapers are saying that its just loaded with left wing politics :D Maybe I'll just go see something else this weekend, and then get a free double feature or smth so that I don't fund the eco terrorists.

Last edited:

GbaGuy

just got home from seeing it.

Not bad. Sit on any scientific knowledge you might
have though, they stretch it a "bit".

If you ignore the (mostly) bad science, it has many different,
highly varying characters each with their own motives, ideals, etc.
There are some cliches used, but when used, are used sparingly and
well. I enjoy stories when they maintain several sub-plots twisted around
one main conflict (in this case, the standard man vs. nature).

Just what I thought,
- GbaGuy

p.s. Perhaps I'll criticize the science tomorrow, today I still think it was a
good story.

OP
Macca

Macca

damn..

..what a bad movie.

i saw it the other day and damn, it was bad.

sure there was great special effects but that doesnt make a movie. the story was one of the worst u have ever seen and then ending, it just didnt make any sense!

after seeing it i checked out some reviews to see what everyone else thinks and i found this one which just sums it up beautifully

has a few warned spoilers but if you've seen the film give it a read and see what you think http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=4902

aprentice

I think it was a great movie. Its definately a nice change over the crappy movies they are comming out with now all based on the same template. I recommend everyone see it for themselves and then decide if it sucks for yourself, never depend on other peoples opinions except your own :p

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
well, always the "same", i don't think that i'm going to see it, i saw the trailer, it doesn't mean anything to me :plain:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
it saw myself and I think is excellent IMO, this is an opinion of a resident of a third world country you gringos :p

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I saw it. Good special effects, bad story. You know those old 80's movies where they throw a bunch of guns and blood everywhere with a sad storyline just to score a few hits with the dumber audience? This movie is the same thing, only its a modern twist that throws in a bunch of lovy-dovy sentiment which appeals to the now broader feminine "politically correct" audience instead.

The whole thing with the dad coming to get his son was pretty gay, and so was the kid with cancer (it gave me the feeling that the theme of the movie was "wont somebody please think of the children?!") I can't see any reason why anybody would dig that honestly. Overall the movie was entertaining, but its not one that I would care to see twice.