What's new

isn't it time to start the next beta?

SubCog

Hey, we're getting close to thanksgiving, and there's still no word on the next beta. There's usually a beta going about this time of year, isn't there?

dukenukem

lord freiza
Nope.don't worry there may be a beta testing period for the next 1964 but who knows,just be patient and we'll see what happens.

minkster

I don't really care so much as far as the beta, but I wish we would get some news from the 1964 homepage...that hasn't been updated since last release:p

ggab

Emutalk Member
a new TODO list would be nice :)

this is the lastest one, isn't it? :
schibo's log:
=============
Aug 26, 2003

Spent a lot of time on my 2-pass compiler (and the dynarec in general) while munching on flavored rice cakes. I've determined that the rice cakes suck, but I got a 6%-10% core speedup so far, which made up for it.

Bugs:
=====

1964.exe :
- Press Reset, Donkey kong timing breaks?

SaveStates
==========
- Load-state, JFG sound breaks, but at least it does not crash now. However, if load a state after hearing sound (after the Dextrose logo), the state loaded sound is fine.
- Load the wrong savestate with a different game can have unpredictable results.
Possible Solutions: Don't allow loading a savestate that doesn't match the CRC of the loaded game.
Or, allow loading any savestate at any time, and 1964 will load the correct rom.
- Press F7, F5 quickly many times and 1964 will crash, or will freeze in exception handler (try Mario).

Daedalus D3D problems:
- Change Resolution in windowed mode, then graphics do not display.
- Full screen is much slower--why? Jabo D3D does not have this problem. (Maybe D3D is set to 60Hz vsync? Only a guess.)
- This plugin modifies the window settings of the main 1964 window, such as disables maximize, and resize.
I prefer it does not do these things.
- Cannot Start ROM in full screen with DaedalusD3d plugin.

schiboAudio:
- Switching audio plugin will crash because of this plugin?
- Sarge's Heroes: Audio DAC Rate too high.

NooTe DI:
- Make Smooth Stick Axis off by default. (Mario dances wildly with this on in Keboard mode.)
- Configure a Joystick button hides all windows.

Other:
- Why Does Bassmasters run in interpreter when the Rom Properties is set to dynarec?

Games that don't work with our Memory Protection:
=================================================
- RidgeRacer, infinite loop after level 1. Works with Check Block.
- NFL Quarterback Club 2000
- Turok 1 freezes at the gate to level 2. Works with Check QWORD.
- Turok3?

Things that need to be looked at very closely
=============================================
The Unstable Cheats. Preventing crashes and freezes.
Is Netplay Stable?
What else can crash or freeze 1964? Need serious beta testers to test everything.

Things that may be fixed or working? Confirm with Rice
======================================================
- Loadstate problem: At donkey Kong waterfall. (I cannot make this happen either--yet).
- Recent Rom folders, doesn't work--causes rom browser update problems.
- Recent games, bad string pointer, probably not null terminated--i see strange things. Also prefer no empty slots, just don't show the menu item slot if it is empty.
- Import PJ64 saves might not work anymore, I need to test.
- Sometimes lose sound with DK64 load state ? I will talk to Rice about it because I cannot make it happen.

Fixed:
======
- Load state sometimes crash when first loading RidgeRacer savestate with Protected Memory.
- Pause Menu will sometimes not pause emulation. Try at Mario Title.
- Other Pause/Resume issues when accessing savetates from menu.
- Saving a State by using a MENU save slot will sometimes corrupt, because it saves as the game is resuming.
- Explicitly write ini CF default to file. When using an old 1964.exe, it would changes all the values.
- Reset shuts off sound.
- Pause and reset are broken. Hold down F2 or F3 to see it happen.
- Perfect Dark Freeze at end of 1st level into 2nd level ? I guess it's ok now.
- Ridge Racer- hit side of another car--freezes in exception handler.
- Fixes for speed to JFG, DK64 kiosk, and Mickey's Speedway by ignoring fpu mode switches.
- Press F7 and game will pause until you press f7 many times again. This happens only if there is no save game.
- Press F10 (AutoCF) a lot very fast, will crash.
- Chage CF by using menu, sometimes can freeze.
- Sometimes 2 CF's are checked in the menu.
- Spelling error "8 x 4 Falf Rate" in Menu.
- Menu Now Shows CF3 as (Default), not CF2.
- RomListCache would cut off the first letter of Demo roms, due to a poorly formed format specifier.
Demos have countrycode 0 (which is one hex digit long). The format specifier needs to be %02x to make
it 2 hex digits long like the other country codes. RomList Cache file is renamed to "RomCache.dat" to
avoid conflicts with prerelease betas using "RomListCache.dat".
- Dyna or interpreter switch menu. Remove this in release build. This is more for our debugging only. Not a user feature.
Switching this also can freeze games, and it changes ini setting--not good. If you switch to interpreter with this menu, it saves to ini. Ini should only be changed by rom properties dialog. Removing this will solve these 2 problems. Or, we
can try to spend the time to fix this. (This seems to be fixed now that pause at menus is fixed.)

Completed:
==========
- Remove Kaillera Support in the NooTe_DI plugin.
- RSP choose plugin. None by default.
- New faster fpu that does not need to check FPU mode at every double fpu opcode.
- AIUpdate Thread is back, for support with Jabo's Audio and Azimer.
- FPU now uses SSE or Pentium Pro instructions-- or both, or none, automatically.
- New icons for Speed Limit and Frame Skip
- Leave Save State slots option always on. Remove this check box.
- Remove expert menus option. Always have expert features enabled. Deleting menus
throws off the menu, and not very valuable to hide stuff from users. Remove expert menus check box.
- Convert the Status Bar options from check boxes to grouped Radio Buttons (on Window Options Dialog).
- Add icon for RSP on Plugins dialog.
- Remove self-mod detect menus from release mode. A little useful for debugging only.
- Built-in XP Theme support, thanks Clements & The Khan Artist for the head's up.

Improved:
=========
- Only write to ini when ini settings are changed when user clicks Ok on Rom Properties Dialog.
Never write the ini anywhere else, like 1964 exit. Solution: It still does this, but it's better
now. New ini file name, and always writes all ini settings, including defaults.

Disregard:
==========
- A TLB error in Add_New_Timer_Event() when CheckInterrupts() is called might be problems if we want
to use multithreaded audio. <-- I wrote that some weeks ago, this is probably nothing.
- Hercules- Jabo D3D video plugin is so slow with this game that we can't get control back to gui thread.

TODO (maybe):
=============

- mp3 support
- Pipeline emulation
- Dyna: interpret block once, then compile it only if it has been re-entered.
This is tough to do with block linking.
Advantages:
- Probably faster. It will not waste time compiling things that are only used once.
- Smaller dyna code.

Last edited:

knowitman

Be patient. Schibo and Rice have real lives, too. Just let them go at their own pace. I don't think you will make it go faster by whining.