What's new

is there a way to shrink a dreamcast image?

johnnybravo1

hello guys,
i have extracted several of my dreamcast games from their original cds, but now they occupy too large a space. is there a way to shrink them, like we is done with the gamecube images?
thx.

spunky

mad dog...
if you want to emulate, then you dont must shrinking. you can make a iso with all files and use bin2boot to make a selfbootimage, then you can mount with dtools (or whatever).

OP
J

johnnybravo1

mark1221 said:
You hired a technician to rip your DC games... wow..

yes, and now i am hiring a player to play them really smart guy. are you always like this or you are a little down? missing your guy?

CKemu

Actually I'd pin my guess, that you didn't get a technician to rip them, I'd bet on you downloading them ;)...but hey assuming that is actually true (yeah and the pope is buddist, and I am Lord Llama the 22nd). Try 7zip, it compresses ISOs and ROMs extremely well :D ( www.7-zip.org ) and use the beta version :p

OP
J

johnnybravo1

CKemu said:
Actually I'd pin my guess, that you didn't get a technician to rip them, I'd bet on you downloading them ;)...but hey assuming that is actually true (yeah and the pope is buddist, and I am Lord Llama the 22nd). Try 7zip, it compresses ISOs and ROMs extremely well :D ( www.7-zip.org ) and use the beta version :p

thanks.
problem is - they are not playable anymore unless you uncompress them.

OP
J

johnnybravo1

good. i´ll tell my technician to find those dummy files. regarding ntfs compressing, it has no overall gain, because the OS still informs the former size.
so i´ll compress them with winrar and uncompress the ones not compatible with the current emulator version. too bad most of my games are not compatbile, but chankast has performed a giant step. congrats, chankast team.

Clements

johnnybravo1 said:
regarding ntfs compressing, it has no overall gain, because the OS still informs the former size.

Look in the properties and an uncompressed iso will normally be smaller using NTFS compression. In the following case I gained 239MB with no file modification and works in Chankast fine without uncompressing.