What's new

Is there a site where you can download save states for VBA?

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone care about savestates on any hosting site for the GBA yet. All they care about is NES or SNES saves

And scince alot of GBA games were released prev. on the SNES, just get a SNES emu.

You probably won't even read this... but this is for everyone else.

shermanpk

i must say why would you need a save.... theres soooooooo many cheats, theres an auto fire function and so on, if u cant do somn its called game FQA or JFG, Just F#$%ing google it... theres no point on saves...

smcd

shermanpk said:
i must say why would you need a save.... theres soooooooo many cheats, theres an auto fire function and so on, if u cant do somn its called game FQA or JFG, Just F#$%ing google it... theres no point on saves...

Saves reduce time to get to a certain area with certain items/abilities/etc. With a savestate you can pick up where someone else left off or you yourself left the game. Sure cheats can do this too, sometimes - it requires someone having discovered such cheats and shared them...

Miretank

Lurking
Plus, it's fucking useful when you lose a save and just need some similar save state to continue from where you've stopped.

Maybe someone that plays VBA a lot and has good save states could start a thread here to share them out... ;)

sigma_zerox

Shattered Soldier
How can I use those battery files with the emulator? I tried with aria of sorrow but I only erased my previous games :(

How can I use that stuff???

smcd

Hmm, my little brother has some saves for Aria of Sorrow maybe I can bug him for the saves (1.7.2 vba I think) :p I'll try and see if he still has the saves if you like.

sigma_zerox

Shattered Soldier
Thanks... very much appreciated but I'm still wondering how those save battery files work.... I have no idea.... I unziped the files and put them in the save folder with the roms and nothing happened

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
makes sure that the save file's filename is the same as the rom image's, otherwise it won't work. And amke sure you've put the sasve file in the right folder.

OP
Hese

Hese

Nintendo Fan
Sirmatto cool site. Thanks (I know this is an old thread but it's like six months when i was last on Emutalk) :D

seren

Gamefaqs has lots of saved games which have been extracted from real GBAs using cheat devices. SAV files can load straightaway whereas SPS files need to be imported using VBA's Import, Gameshark Snapshot menu.