What's new

Increasing FPS

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Knowing your computer specs would help us make some suggestions. But if you're computer and video card aren't fast enough, there really not that much you can do to make it faster, let alone "fix" it (was it ever broken?)

Or try other graphics plugins.

Last edited:
OP
Ace Alabama

Ace Alabama

PJ64 Member
It was fine a minute ago! Oh and thx for replying, I have read some of your messages, you still helped me! For my specs: XP Home 2002 Service Pack 2 (duh), Dell Dimension DE051 Intel R Celeron (R) CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz 512MB of RAM

EDIT: The front of my P.C. >says< Celeron D but Control Panel >says< Celeron R

Last edited by a moderator:

Toasty

Sony battery
What's your Graphics card? (Start -> Run -> Type "dxdiag" and hit OK. -> Click the "Display" tab and tell us what the "Device"->"Name" is.)

OP
Ace Alabama

Ace Alabama

PJ64 Member
Crap! Now I think It's okay but I can't see the ROM select menu.

EDIT:Still help me with the FPS!

Clements

Depends on the Intel Graphics controller.

The old Intel Extreme based controllers are slow and lack DirectX features required by the default plugin, and generally worse than most GeForce 2 cards in terms of speed, features and compatibility.

Intel GMA variants on the other hand shouldn't be too bad with the default plugin, but compared to dedicated cards, they lack a lot of eye candy features and the driver quality is not as solid. Jabo developed his plugins with ATi/NVIDIA in mind mostly, which most testers will have.

OP
Ace Alabama

Ace Alabama

PJ64 Member
Okay, It's almost back to normal, but I can't see the ROM selection screen!
Also, how do you install Glide64?

Last edited:
oh i forgot to tellyou to put the glidex3.dll (or whatever the file name) in the same directory that has project64.exe

Last edited: