What's new

ikaruga

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
hey,my ikaruga doesnt boot in dolphin and i want to know if pal games work.(cause most of my games are ntsc and it shows the nintendo screen)if pal games dont work then i guess my problem's solved. :party: :party: :phone: :ala: :happy: :bye3: :huh: :term: :yawn: :smurf: :evil: :icecream: :bunny: :paperbag: :devil: :homestar: :canadian: :saint: :alien2: :blush: :yucky: :p :whistling :plain: :bouncy: :smurf: :evil: :evil: :blush: :alien2: :blush: :icecream: :alien2: :alien2:

jareg

Just A Guy
spyro32 said:
hey,my ikaruga doesnt boot in dolphin and i want to know if pal games work.(cause most of my games are ntsc and it shows the nintendo screen)if pal games dont work then i guess my problem's solved. :party: :party: :phone: :ala: :happy: :bye3: :huh: :term: :yawn: :smurf: :evil: :icecream: :bunny: :paperbag: :devil: :homestar: :canadian: :saint: :alien2: :blush: :yucky: :p :whistling :plain: :bouncy: :smurf: :evil: :evil: :blush: :alien2: :blush: :icecream: :alien2: :alien2:

You should try to shrink it
Maybe it will help

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Interesting you mention it is a PAL game? This may be a source of confusion for some, however am I correct in assuming the origin of the game has no bearings on how it runs within an emulator (that is, if it identical to the same game from a different region)?

OP
S

spyro32

bLAdEbLA said:
Interesting you mention it is a PAL game? This may be a source of confusion for some, however am I correct in assuming the origin of the game has no bearings on how it runs within an emulator (that is, if it identical to the same game from a different region)?[/QUOTE

mind translating it a bit?(sory but i just dont understand wat ur saying)just 2 let u know its the european version(well at least thats what it says in the gc tool)

JinXD

PAL and NTSC run at differnet fps I believe, so they aren't quite identical. Anyway yes the PAL Ikaruga does run in Dolphin as that is the version I have. You may need to shrink it as jareg said to get it running....

OP
S

spyro32

IceWarm said:
And spyro32, is it really necessary to use THAT many similes!? Jeez man. :)

nope.i just do it for fun.ok i shrinked my ikaruga like jareg said(thanks man :bouncy: )now it just shows a white screen.(the fps is running about 2.94 to 6.74)but pal games work right? :whistling

jareg

Just A Guy
spyro32 said:
nope.i just do it for fun.ok i shrinked my ikaruga like jareg said(thanks man :bouncy: )now it just shows a white screen.(the fps is running about 2.94 to 6.74)but pal games work right? :whistling

I have the pal version aswell can you give your gcm size

OP
S

spyro32

jareg said:
I have the pal version aswell can you give your gcm size

i cant remember the size before it shrinked but after it shrinked it turned to 107.2 mb.whyd you ask?

JinXD

spyro32 said:
i cant remember the size before it shrinked but after it shrinked it turned to 107.2 mb.whyd you ask?
Probably to compare it to the size of his, jareg is very insecure bout stuff like that! :whistling jk

Seriously though, what mode are you running Dolphin in, Interpreter or Dynarec? Try both and let me know the results.......

OP
S

spyro32

JinXD said:
Probably to compare it to the size of his, jareg is very insecure bout stuff like that! :whistling jk

Seriously though, what mode are you running Dolphin in, Interpreter or Dynarec? Try both and let me know the results.......

i tried interpreter first(since its more compatible)and it shows a white screen with the fps running.then i changed to dynarec and it shows the same results. :party:

jareg

Just A Guy
Ok i have the pal version it size is about 84,8 MB and its ID is GIKP

Ok i use Dynarec and in the GFX Plugin options Compile Lists and decode vertexs lists
And well i have the white screen also in the beginning but then i wait about a minute or so and then heureka i see the loading screen :party:

So wait a little bit (enjoy the white screen :p )

OP
S

spyro32

jareg said:
Ok i have the pal version it size is about 84,8 MB and its ID is GIKP

Ok i use Dynarec and in the GFX Plugin options Compile Lists and decode vertexs lists
And well i have the white screen also in the beginning but then i wait about a minute or so and then heureka i see the loading screen :party:

So wait a little bit (enjoy the white screen :p )

yeah i guess it worked.i manage to play but it freezez in one point(well of course it freezez its the 1st teaser)well at least i know that pal games work.for now you guys can close this thread but b4 that,mind telling how to take screenshots. :whistling

JinXD

While Dolphin is running unselect the Dolphin window (click on the desktop) and press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard. Open your favourite Image Editing App (MS Paint ;)) and paste, then cut out the Dolphin window and save as a new image.....

Last edited: