What's new

iDeaS Updates

Low Lines

I didn't think the other thread was appropriate for this (since it was meant for iDeaS 1.0.0.8) so I'm making a generic one that can be used for all updates on the progress of iDeaS.

I'll start it with the hint Evrain has given us, that surrounds the NDS game Trauma Center. I did see some information on it (posted by Evrain) on that Italian site once more and here's the screenshot that came with it...

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5643/tc031cg3ea.jpg

Anything you want to tell us Evrain?:bouncy:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Sure, once I can get my hands on the beta -_-
Anyway, Trauma Center is playable and some other titles may be showing some nice progress, but you'll have to wait until I can do proper testing.
Evrain

DeathRain99

Nice! That looks awesome. To think just a while ago DS emulators could only handle homebrew. Progress has been awesome on both iDeaS and DeSmuMe. Keep it up, guys. :)

OP
L

Low Lines

hey, we can wait!! I mean the more we do the more time something can improve and the better it will be!!

by the way, is there anything in particular that Lino is focusing on (ie Sprites, 3D) or is he just focusing on getting certain games to work??

Evrain

The Forbidden One
He is focusing on whatever I tell him to focus on :p
Seriously, I finally managed to get hold of the build and I must say I am quite pleased, although that patient looks a lil too pale and I can't get to suture him properly. So much for a future physician :(
Anyway, I think the build will need some revising before release: first of all, I want some 2D to be cleaned up (Desmume envy, anyone?) and a nasty stray layer to be taken back into place. That should fix a couple not-quite-right gfx effects and bring some nicer looks to Castlevania, Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center itself.

One of the funniest (and nastiest) thing about emulating the DS is that it can actually hybrid its layers: therefore, if they aren't coded near perfectly it will generate a biblical disaster, as well as screwing up priorities big time. That ECG should go BEHIND the characters! And there shouldn't be a black screen behind the intro text of Castlevania! And I'm getting a headache, let alone Lino. But that's something that, as I said, will be cleaned up.

Once I'm satisfied, I'm pondering about giving a bump to the save feature in the Todo list. But honestly, I'm not quite sure. A bit too many noobs and lamers are drooling at the idea of playing DS games without paying, and I'm not pleased. At all. Heck, I discovered a whole forum filled with them! Unnerving to no end. True, I was a lamer myself (I was smiff's first ban, and I still hold a grudge for that :p) and sometimes I was treated as that by other sceners (ElSemi should know the details... oh well, I'll leave DDP2 encryption to him, glad I gave him and dear Reip something to laugh about), but tolerance definitely has a limit.

Disregard my ramblings and just have faith: I want to make the next release a good step forward! :)
Evrain

Last edited:

DeathRain99

Nice, I'm really looking forward to the next release. And yeah, having the 2D sprite images cleaned up like YipYop did would be great.

Keep it up, guys!

OP
L

Low Lines

Yeah...Getting the sprites and 2D effects working would make this whole "who's the best" thing sort of single sided. I mean iDeaS can already emulate 3D (which DeSmuME can't) and once all the sprites errors are fixed, I'm sure it would make things a whole lot more competitive. But yes, I suppose YopYop is still envyed for how well he's been able to emulate all the ARM7 stuff. And in such a short time too...

ninja1

lowlines :p, got bad news for ya, desmume can emulate it with parts =X, just it wasnt released yet, cus appearantly the autor is a perfectionist and wants it running perfectly or near perfectly first be4 he does release it...

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I've not yed had the pleasure of speaking personally with YopYop, although I want to.
And besides, no one ever set in stone that once a good emulator comes out all the other ones should be thrown into the recycle bin. Sorta like the good 'ol Icarus-Chankast war, and although I'd die to, I can't really hold back noobs and warez kiddies. Poor me... oh well, I can always get back to my DS XD
Evrain

OP
L

Low Lines

A perfectionist? Hmmm...sounds like me, can't stand having errors in anything I do.

But anyway, I was referring to the current public release of DeSmuME (0.3.3 which of course can't do 3D yet), but why does everyone always say it's bad news whenever I say something that is wrong?
I mean if YopYop is making progress, isn't that GOOD news?

Anyway, I agree about what Evrain said. Cos like N64 Emulation may be pretty irregular (with it's updates), but even though Project64 is like the best one and can play MOST of the N64 games, there still are new emulators being made and who knows, one day someone might find a way to run games (like with N64) far better than whatever the current BEST emulator can perform and at a lesser hardware requirement.

But all this don't count with NDS yet, and I hope it doesn't for a good while off yet. I'm sure there will be at least half a dozen other new NDS emulators thought up before there ever becomes the one, BEST one.

What I'm all curious about is Dualis. The number of updates that have happened in the past few weeks must be like a record for programming or something, I'm betting that it might be the next one to enter the race. I mean the author has started to impliment rom file handling (like it can read the headers now I think).

Keep up the good work, and I'm saying this to everyone!!
:bouncy:

ninja1

ayy taht i was awndering about that too.... and since nothing is even showing, i am starting to think he just locked those games, not allowing the emu to run them, by just not adding the load codes for the roms....

btw incase ya wondering where i got that info :p, on his old forums :p, used to whore them kinda alot :p, just like i did here when ideas/desmume updated...and he or a tester said it there ;)

Last edited: